To carve out a new business that sells both products and connected services by:
- Evaluating the possibility of reconfiguring existing divisions in a profitable way.
- Understanding industry dynamics and positioning for the best possible outcome.
- Preparing for an organizational transformation that would impact people and technology.
To justify the creation of an entirely new company by:
- Assessing historical performance, industry benchmarks, and tax implications to lay the groundwork for smart strategizing.
- Performing competitive analysis to find capability gaps and seek out partnerships.
- Collaborating with company leaders to build revenue and financial models that make a solid case for the new company.
- Consulting with stakeholders to set targets for synergy and value capture.
- Developing a strategy and roadmap to complete organizational transformation.
Impact on client’s business
Fast out of the gate
- The company forecasts 4X revenue growth over the next five years leading to a greater than $2B company in 3 years.
- It has been revenue positive since day one.
- Its blend of products and services is attractive to both legacy customers and new customers looking for the kinds of new connected services it offers.