We work with our clients to assess, design and implement leading edge operating models for their Risk and Compliance functions. We have a clear framework that we can tailor and apply across all types of firm and function, designed to deliver a smooth and comprehensive transition to reflect your journey and requirements.
The outcomes are solutions tailored to your organisation and its needs, driving benefits including:
- Clear accountability
- Increased efficiency and cost control
- Greater visibility
- Increased agility through a sustainable model
- More effective risk management
Enterprise risk management solutions
We work with our clients to evaluate, design and implement operating models for effective Enterprise Risk Management solutions (ERM), leveraging a broad range of frameworks, tools and methodologies that we have developed and customise to clients’ specific needs and maturity. We also have deep expertise in areas such as risk appetite articulation, integrated compliance and risk models, and Key Risk Indicator (KRI) based predictive monitoring.
Our engagement drives a broad range of benefits including:
- Informed risk decision making
- Consistent and robust identification and mitigation of all key risks
- Clarity in accountability and ownership
- Improved view of key controls
- Proactive, risk aware culture across the organisation
- Assurance to the Board and Audit Committee
Controls assessment and optimisation
To have confidence in the control environment, management need visibility of the effectiveness of controls in mitigating risks across key risk categories.
The need for a foundation of efficient and robust business controls that is sustainable through business changes, compliance needs and cost pressures has forced firms to look at their front to back processes. We can help management achieve the following benefits:
- Compliance with regulation
- Controls are fit for purpose and work effectively in the future
- Operational effectiveness testing in high risk areas and processes
- Streamlining and simplification of processes and controls
- Confirm the control is appropriately embedded
- Support management with the interpretation and implementation of risk appetite decisions at a process level
Observing the scale and pace of change in the corporate regulatory and legislative landscape highlights the size of the challenge many organisations are presented with. As a result, regulated and other businesses are increasingly looking for external support in the identification of the ethical and regulatory risks they face, and in designing the compliance functions and programmes they require to mitigate them. Those companies with existing compliance mechanisms are also seeking health reviews alongside their programme implementation to give them comfort that their programmes will deliver compliance. This is how we can help:
- Programme maturity assessment against good practice models and develop a roadmap for improvement
- Recommendations and a roadmap for remediation
- Development of suitable policy governance, learning and behavioural change, monitoring, assurance and reporting tools
- Cultural assessment on employee behaviours to determine alignment on company values
- Independent compliance monitoring and audit capabilities
- Develop and implement policy governance framework
- Regulatory health checks and deep dive reviews across specific aspects of implementation
Technology-enabled GRC solutions
Organisations face a rapidly evolving GRC landscape, with new technologies and a rapid pace of change meaning businesses need to be proactive when it comes to managing their exposure to emerging risks. Successful organisations make full use of the technologies at their disposal to enhance their overall GRC activities.
We help to assist clients in technology-enabled GRC strategy, vendor selection, technology implementation and transformational activities. Our services are supported by the latest innovations in technology to deliver evidence-based insight and recommendations for improvement.
Business continuity, crisis and operational resilience
Vulnerable organisation's don’t succeed; they fail when they are stressed. We help to assess and develop hardiness in 3 key ways:
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) is about making sure there are smart, flexible, efficient 'Plan B’s' in place to continue business critical activity when business-as-usual (BAU) is disrupted. Great BCM insight can also inform strategic decision-making during BAU.
- Crisis Leadership (CL) is about delivering confident and robust responses to major incidents and crises that are often visible to key stakeholders and the general public. Great CL can create advantage despite disaster.
- Operational Resilience is about the understanding and measures in place to prevent the failure/loss of activities and processes across critical processes.