In the last few years, a large number of remote gaming operators have established themselves in Malta and the Lotteries and Gaming Authority has to date issued hundreds of licences. The industry is in a trail-blazing stage with several countries changing policies seeking to find a stance that addresses the balance between citizen freedom and protecting the same citizen from fraud, crime and addiction.
PwC recognises the importance of the industry to the economy of Malta and supports the concept that good governance and regulation is the solution to protecting players and particularly vulnerable groups. History has shown that protectionism generally serves the unscrupulous more than the righteous.
As the leading and largest professional services organisation on the island, with 19 partners and over 500 staff, we provide a range of assurance, tax and advisory services to a large and varied client base, including reputable remote gaming companies that choose Malta as a base.
How can PwC help
Gaming operators in Malta can benefit from industry knowledge, global resources and the reputation for quality of PwC.
- Since Malta's establishment as a leading jurisdiction in the remote gaming sector, the local firm has developed a team of experts to service some of the larger and more renowned gaming operators that are licensed in Malta. Over the past few years, our team has gained considerable expertise in a vast array of issues that gaming operators face, across all types of gaming sectors.
- Through our Advisory line of service, we have developed a specialist team that provides assistance to the Regulator, in conducting system reviews as part of an applicant's licensing process.
- Industry experience includes some of the largest and most successful corporations in gaming today, and a large number of operators through compliance/systems reviews for the Regulator.
- Several of the gaming clients that we service operate across various jurisdictions. We are accustomed to operating as a global network working closely with our counterparts abroad, to offer a seamless service to our customers.
- We are committed to promoting the highest quality of professional standards and practices across all of our engagements.
- We provide assistance in evaluating operational, technology and financial performance of organisations bringing industry best practices and expertise from other industries for similar business issues.
- The financial, operational and tactical skills of our gaming specialists, combined with the full service resources of a global network, give us the unique ability to analyse relevant information, solve complex problems and ultimately assist our clients in making sound business decisions.
Other relevant industry sector publications
Tel: +356 2124 7091
Tel: +356 2124 7191
Tel: +356 2124 7216