Income Tax Compliance
Today’s tax environment requires a tactical approach and a range of strategies so that you are well positioned for domestic and international tax policy changes.
- Optimizing foreign tax credits, deductions, and exclusions
- US and International reporting of foreign assets
- IRS communication
- Interface with advisors located in Tokyo
Foreign Tax Credit Optimization
Living outside the United States allows taxpayers to receive certain deductions, exclusions and credits. Optimizing how your non-US tax is claimed can be complex and PwC can help.
- Estimate Calculations
- Revocation of Foreign Earned Income Exclusions
- Amended Tax Returns
The IRS Streamlined Program
Currently the IRS has a specific program to help delinquent taxpayers become compliant. As the IRS continues to increase cooperation with immigration officials, it is an opportune time to get up to date with your tax filings.
- Use of best practices
- Foreign tax credits, deductions, and exclusions
- IRS communication
Our team can assist with income and estate tax planning advice for foreign nationals with current or future intentions of investing or relocating to the United States.
- Guidance to Foreign Nationals Holding US Assets
- Pre-Arrival Planning for Foreign Nationals Moving Temporarily or Permanently to the United States
Green Card or US Citizenship Revocation
Knowing the tax implications of maintaining your green card or US citizenship after a permanent departure can help limit unnecessary tax exposure.
- Revocation Assistance and Planning
- Preparation of Initial and Annual Expatriation Statement
- IRS Communication
Guidance for Tax Law Reform
With recent changes to the Internal Revenue Code via the Tax Reforms, potential tax exposure has increased the risk of individuals not staying current with the updated law changes and how they apply to their situation.
- Assistance to self-employed individuals managing the impact of the transition tax and the global intangible low-taxed income (“GILTI”) tax.
- Estimate income tax calculations