The Global economy continues to face substantial challenges on a very difficult road to recovery. Governments across the world continue to push ahead with programmes of regulatory reform designed to prevent a repeat of the events that led to the crisis of 2008. Their determination to better protect themselves, tax payers and investors, particularly from the risks associated with Alternative Asset Management, has created landscape-changing challenges for all businesses in the industry.
If you’re an organisation engaged in regulated activities, managing your regulatory requirements will no doubt be of mayor concern to you, as the risks of non compliance are hugely significant. With new regulatory Directives coming from all angles, from Dodd Frank, FATCA, to AIFMD, even understanding if you are in scope and if so what action is needed by when can be difficult to ascertain. Pressure is also increasing on resources that deal with compliance with Anti Money laundering legislation, as local regulatory examinations are increasing. Additionally, you may wish to turn these challenges in to opportunities by setting ambitious goals for your business in order that your corporate integrity and transparency to investors differentiates you from your competitors.
PwC provides support, advice and assurance to help you manage your regulatory risks. We help ensure that you identify, manage and control any existing and future regulatory risks. A proactive rather than a monitoring approach to regulation is now a full-time strategic business activity. We can help you manage the process to minimise financial cost and impact on internal resource.
Our team consists of experienced regulatory risk specialists, who have worked within regulators and in the countries that legislation originates from. They not only know the rules but have also implemented and assessed compliance against them. Our people can help you at the strategic level to maximise any competitive advantages from regulation, through to the operational level to minimise the costs and disruptions to your business, freeing up management time in the process.
- You don't know whether you are regulated, or will be regulated
- You don't know whether you comply with your regulator's rules
- You might be spending too much to comply with regulations
- There are too many regulations for you to cope with
- You need to plan for staff training in light of new compliance issues
- Proposed regulations might severely impact your business or lead to a loss in competitive advantage
- You are concerned about the reputational risk from failing to comply with regulations
- You want to confirm that your sales force is complying with the sales and marketing code of conduct
How we can support you
- Minimise risk of regulatory fines or enforcement action by your regulator
- Minimise risk of personal fines or enforcement against your executives
- Take a proactive approach to addressing regulation and its impact, as opposed to a reactive 'fire-fighting' approach
- Help you to maximise the competitive and strategic opportunities resulting from regulatory change
- Reduce costs associated with regulatory compliance
- Provide independent assurance and benchmarking of regulatory compliance
- Share best practice recommendations and experience in regulatory reporting
PwC's regulatory compliance services include
- Independent assurance of regulatory compliance and benchmarking against industry peers, supporting your regulatory responsibilities
- Assessment of current and future regulatory risk profile and impact of new regulations
- Effectiveness reviews of current compliance departments
- Developing and implementing a risk-based compliance control framework and monitoring programme
- Helping to increase the profile of regulation and an appropriate compliance culture within your business
- Evaluation of strategic implications of new regulations and integration into business model
- Advice and assistance with regulatory relations and in meeting regulatory standards and expectations
- Advice and assistance in getting your business authorised by a regulator
- Assistance and support in dealing with regulatory enforcement actions and remediation exercises - getting your business back on an even keel quickly
- Assistance preparing for visits by the regulator
- Independent health-check on compliance with local AML regulation
- Independent professional appointments under a regulator issued notice