Establishing the necessary balance of global and local expertise to be able to source, manufacture, and distribute effectively is key to building profitable capabilities in the Growth Markets
Channel - Key considerations:
- How can you reach target customers more efficiently while meeting their purchasing preferences?
- What are the predominant routes to market for your target consumers?
- What is the balance between direct and indirect routes to market in this market?
- How can you manage local distributors to ensure your propositions are positioned appropriately?
- Should you develop additional channel capabilities to meet your target consumers’ needs?
Operating Processes - Key considerations:
- How can you develop the appropriate capabilities to grow profitably in the new market?
- What capabilities and processes should you keep offshore vs import into the new market?
- What marketing, sales and service capabilities do you need to develop locally?
- Do local standards meet your global benchmarks?
- Should you look to develop local capabilities or partner with a local player in the early stages?
Supply chain - Key considerations:
- How do you ensure consistent and high quality sourcing, production, and delivery that don’t compromise your company standards?
- What infrastructure issues do you need to consider?
- Transport links, storage quality, etc. Are you able to access the necessary materials locally to manufacture your proposition?
- Where are the local vendors in relation to your production sites and target consumers?
- How are supply and inventory tracking measured locally?
- What KPIs are tracked?