The automotive industry represents one of the most important sectors of the Czech economy. The revenues of the Czech automotive industry reached almost CZK 780 billion which is more than 4,4% of Czech GDP. In 2013, more than one million cars were produced. Automotive companies regularly place among most important and admired companies in the Czech Republic.
However, there are more than just manufacturing firms in the automotive sector. There is also the sale and servicing of cars, their financing for corporate or retail customers or the sale of spare parts.
PwC Automotive Czech Republic furthermore cooperates on an international level with the PwC Autofacts team. Located in key markets around the world, Autofacts is a team of dedicated specialists within PwC's Automotive practice who are focused on industry-specific issues and analyses.
Industry specific services
- Assistance in selecting production facility location - taking into account not only existing infrastructure and human resources available in the region, but also available investment incentives
- Assistance in developing comprehensive compensation and benefits programmes (including expatriate registration and personal taxation management)
- Support manufacturer checks of potential suppliers and their selection
- Production flow and supply chain management optimisation
- Improve working capital management
- Tax advisory focused on VAT and customs related to import and export of vehicles and spare parts
- Transfer pricing services including designing a transfer pricing methodology and documenting the transfer pricing file
- Independent review of sales processes at importer companies
- Optimisation and development of dealership network
- Review dealership functioning and design efficiency improvement – inventory management, financing, profitability analysis, sales processes
- Investigation of potential frauds in the dealership network
- Improvement of revenue and profitability of aftersales
- Turnaround and restructuring of distressed dealerships
- Support during succession planning
- Performance improvement of sales processes in financing companies – customer relationship management, fleet and retail sales
- Service quality and profitability improvement for companies providing services to service and dealer networks
- Design and implementation of financial processes and controls, Establishment of effective internal audit for all types of companies