Stephen is a Partner and Managing Director with PricewaterhouseCoopers Corporate Finance Inc. (PwCCF) and is also PwC Canada’s Deals Mining leader.
In this role, Stephen advises and assists Canadian and International clients in making key strategic and financing decisions. Stephen's clients include large private and public enterprises, multi-national firms, governments, trading houses and international state-owned entities. He has led over 75 merger and acquisition, capital raise, restructuring and divestiture transactions across a diverse range of industries.
Select mining related mandates include the following:
- Financial Advisor to Golden Concord Group Ltd. regarding their minority investment in Millennial Lithium, a pre-production lithium miner.
- Financial Advisor to Forbes & Manhattan on their purchase of the Bonikro Mine in the Ivory Coast from Newcrest Mining.
- Financial Advisor to the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Nevada Copper Corp. on their business recapitalization and project financing for Pumpkin Hollow.
- Financial Advisor to Procon Mining on their acquisition of Groupe Promec.
- Financial Advisor to the Special Committee of the board of Directors of Central Fund of Canada (CFCL) on Sprott Inc.’s acquisition of CFCL’s commodity fund.
- Financial Advisor to the Special Committee of Board of Directors of Banro Corp. on the financial restructuring of debt and equity securities.
- Financial Advisor to Kyrgyzaltan and the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic on the potential restructuring of their financial interest in Centerra Gold Inc.
- Financial Advisor to Procon Mining on a strategic investment by Matrixset Investment Corp. in Procon Mining’s subsidiary, Golden Band Resources Inc.
- Financial Advisor to QMX Gold on the sale of its Snow Lake Property to Hudbay Minerals Inc. The process included the marketing of the Project to prospective purchasers, due diligence coordination and the negotiation of definitive documentation.
- Financial Advisor to Great Western Minerals Inc. on the sale of the Company's South African, UK and Canadian assets. The process included the broad marketing of the Company's asset, coordinating due diligence and negotiation of definitive documentation.
- Financial Advisor to Ambre Energy on its debt restructuring and recapitalization by Resource Capital Funds. The process involved the assessment of other alternatives and negotiation of final terms.
Stephen joined PwC from the investment baking group of National Bank Financial, in their investments division. Stephen is a Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant and a CFA Charterholder.