There are a total ten (10) scholarships - available to be awarded by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP,(“PwC”) each academic year (each, a “Scholarship”) to individuals enrolled in post-secondary education who are Black, Indigenous and/or Persons with Disabilities.
All applicants considered a target candidate who are Black, Indigenous and/or Persons with Disabilities must also demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in Professional Services, specifically Assurance, Tax or Advisory.
1. To be eligible for one (1) of the ten (10) Scholarships all applicants must provide proof of:
2. All applicants must:
If post-secondary institution enrollment or other supporting documentation is not submitted within the specified timeframe, the application may be subject to disqualification.
If an applicant requires any accommodations because of a disability or condition, they are asked to contact our Campus Talent Acquisition team.
3. Each scholarship is comprised of 1 lump-sum payment in the amount of CDN $5,000; and an optional job offer commencing in 2022 with PwC Canada. Successful candidates offered employment as an “Associate” will receive an employment agreement setting out the specific terms and conditions of the offer.
4. If you plan to attend a program outside of Canada commencing in the Fall of 2022 as part of a year-abroad program you are still eligible to apply provided you are participating in an exchange program as part of your course curriculum at a recognized publicly funded Canadian post-secondary institution and your degree is issued from a recognized publicly funded Canadian post-secondary institution.
5. PwC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, amend (including extending the Scholarship application deadline) or cancel this Scholarship program at any time without individual notice.
6. By entering this Scholarship competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, the records of PwC and the decisions of the PwC’s Scholarship selection panel, which records and decisions shall be deemed final, conclusive and binding in all matters.
7. Completed applications must be submitted online between April 26 - May 19th, 2021. Submissions must be made online.
8. You may submit your application in either of Canada’s official languages, French or English. However, applications must be completed and submitted using a single language.
9. PwC’s Scholarship selection panel will review on-demand video interviews and games (application package) and invite successful candidates to a live interview. Candidates who complete the live interview will be reviewed by PwC’s Scholarship selection panel. After review, Scholarship recipients will be determined.
10. Potential Scholarship recipients (in the case of minors, a parent or legal guardian) will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance, Publicity and Liability Release before being awarded a Scholarship.
11. Employees and Partners of PwC and its subsidiaries and/or restricted clients, and any dependents of any of the foregoing are not eligible for the Scholarships. For greater certainty, “dependents” shall be defined herein as a person whose parent or legal guardian is an employee or Partner of PwC or any of its subsidiaries and/or restricted clients.
12. You certify that all the information provided on the application form and in all the accompanying documents is true, accurate, and complete to the best of your knowledge. You understand that the provision of false information will render you ineligible for this Scholarship program.
13. During your online application, Canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL) requires us to obtain your consent so that we can continue to send you email messages containing information we think you might be interested in including our thought leadership publications, industry newsletters and invitations to PwC events. You may withdraw your consent at any time. If you have already provided your consent to PwC in the past, you may ignore this request. Please be aware that, even if you do not provide your express consent, PwC may still contact you if we are authorized under CASL. For example, we may contact you if you have recently entered into a transaction with us (and therefore, we have your implied consent under CASL) as well as for business purposes. We take our anti-spam and privacy legislation obligations seriously. We only use your personal information, including your email address, for the purposes you have consented to.
14. During your online application PwC requires you to confirm if you consent to having your personal data processed by PwC for the purpose of recruitment for other positions or programs than the one you’ve initially applied for. In the case you do not provide consent, your data will be removed from the PwC system in accordance with local legal, audit, and tax requirements of the member firm to which you have applied, after closing the recruitment process for the position you registered and, as a result, will not be taken into account for any future recruitment processes.