What is FrontFundr: FrontFundr is the leading online investment platform in Canada, bridging the gap between investors and entrepreneurs in the private markets. Since its launch in May 2015, the platform is disrupting current funding models by democratizing the private capital markets; in other words, making private investment opportunities available to all Canadians.
1. Describe a day in the life of Sean Burke at FrontFundr
There are so many things to do, and so little time to do them (The theme of everyday)!
2. As a COO of FrontFundr, how does your organization stay ahead in the faced paced competitive Fintech landscape?
We have to have a strong technology and strategic partnerships. We have to work with the regulators and capture as much market share as we can now.
3. How did your time at PwC Canada prepare you for your role at FrontFundr?
My time at PwC Canada taught me how to think analytically and be creative with the problems that arise. It taught me how to work with a team and lead a team. It also taught me how to structure transactions and think about the benefits from all perspectives, how to negotiate and interpret legislation and apply it to finance.
4. Any advice for the next generation leaders?
5. Where do you see yourself in your in five years? Personally and professionally.
I see FrontFundr being the largest private equity online funding platform in Canada.
We will be expanding our operations across Canada and in US markets, and in 5 years likely in Asia as well. Personally, I will be at my 5th year anniversary with my wife Jess and probably have a couple kids.
© 2018 - 2019 PwC. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.