Our client is a Bermuda – based captive insurance group that provides professional indemnity and other financial lines of insurance for a global network of professional services firms. Since starting underwriting operations in 1998, the group has developed a reputation for innovative client service and technical acumen.
Due to continued growth, the Company is looking to hire an Underwriting Manager, who will provide incisive analytical and operational support to the Underwriting and Claims functions, in addition to undertaking special projects as business needs dictate. The role reports to the Director of Underwriting & Risk and will be responsible for supporting underwriting, actuarial, and reinsurance activities. The role will involve interface with the PwC member firms globally and a key technical point of liaison with brokers, actuaries, reinsurers and advisory groups.
The role could be suited to an insurance professional (underwriter or broker), qualified actuary or accountant, interested in developing his / her career in underwriting operations.
Core responsibilities will include to:
- Provide support on premium setting decisions relating to the insurance program;
- Assist with update and iterations of the premium allocation model,
- Review actuarial and underwriting analyses, including methodologies and assumptions used in reserving analysis and loss forecasting;
- Assist with designing, negotiating and placing the reinsurance programs, including liaison with brokers on renewal terms and policy conditions;
- Manage global fronting program for all lines of insurance underwritten by the captive;
- Prepare underwriting papers and presentations to the Board, shareholders and relevant sub –committees, as directed;
- Liaise with and as required, meet with shareholder and policyholder representatives of the members firms, in relation to the Insurance program; and
- Act as a day to day point of contact on operational and technical issues with brokers, actuaries, fronting insurers, reinsurers and third party providers.
- A professional designation (ACAS; ACA; CPCU etc.), likely to possess at least 5- 10 years’ post qualification experience, which could have been gained within insurance, professional services, financial services consulting or transferable discipline;
- Experience in Professional liability insurance for professional services firms (ideally Big 4 accounting firms) as an underwriter, broker, actuary, risk or claims manager, would be desirable, as would experience of other financial lines, such as cyber D&O and EPLI;
- The role requires a high degree of numeracy and strong analytical skills, capable of understanding and interpreting complex financial data effectively;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of interacting effectively at senior levels within the PwC network;
- Commercial acumen, with a demonstrable track record of managing critical business relationships effectively; and
- A team player and self-starter, capable of thriving in a small – team environment.
Travel is likely to be required, to meet with shareholders and service providers. The application process may include skills testing of shortlisted candidates.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop underwriting and insurance skills and experience that will enhance career progression opportunities within the Company, working as part of a world – class organisation.
Please forward a detail resume in confidence to:
PricewaterhouseCoopers Executive Search