Our client is a growing, Bermuda-headquartered, publicly traded insurance group with a significant international presence in the Caribbean. The Group has a strong reputation for client service and innovation.
THIS JOB IS BASED IN THE CAYMAN ISLANDS
Due to continued growth, the Group is looking to recruit an SVP for Group P&C. The role will have executive leadership and responsibility for the P&C line of business across our jurisdictions, and will set the strategic direction and vision for the P&C business aligned with the corporate objectives of the Group.
The role will have full profit and loss responsibility for the P&C business and identify opportunities to profitably grow the business including expanding into new markets, developing new products and pursuing new client engagement strategies.
The role will be based in Cayman but reports directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Group in Bermuda. The individual will be a key contributor to the broader Group business strategy as a member of the Executive Group.
The role is ideally suited to an insurance or reinsurance executive from a P&C background, with requisite leadership and insurance market development experience. Experience of business development in the Caribbean would be an asset.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute a business strategy that achieves the Company’s short-term and long-term profitability and growth objectives.
- Provide leadership and strong people management to drive the P&C Insurance team towards the consistent achievement of desired results. The SVP, P&C will be responsible for recruiting and developing team members to assume broader roles within the organization.
- Champion the Group brand with corporate and individual clients to ensure it is the P&C of choice.
- Oversee the expansion of the business in the Caribbean.
- Analyze and provide recommendation regarding M&A opportunities.
- Develop a high touch relationship management approach to build deep relationships and engage with the major stakeholders and strategic partners including clients, MGA’s, brokers across the Caribbean.
- Introduce operational improvements to ensure greater efficiency and improve the ease of doing business.
- Oversee the implementation of the PURE P&C system to ensure the technology is best meeting the needs of the business.
- Provide thought leadership on industry issues and maintain a presence with regulators and rating agencies.
- Ensure the Company is maintaining the best practices in corporate governance, complying with regulatory standards and ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- A University degree is required. M.B.A. or advanced degree is preferred.
- A recognized qualification in the insurance, financial or management disciplines
- At least 15 years of experience in progressively senior leadership roles within the P&C industry.
- Experience setting the strategic direction of a medium-sized business with profit and loss responsibility. This individual must have an ability to understand the drivers of the business.
- Experience managing a portfolio across several jurisdictions
- Demonstrated success overseeing profitable growth by developing new lines of business and expanding into new markets.
- Background evaluating M&A opportunities including negotiation, execution and integration.
- Experience leading, developing and motivating a large organization with teams in multiple locations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This individual must be able articulate vision and strategy both internally and externally.
- A strong leader and change agent who will energize and motivate the team and affect results through influence and persuasion.
- The professional presence and confidence in gain immediate creditability with key stakeholders.
- A strategic thinker who can develop a vision and translate it into functional priorities, balancing short-term and long-term objectives and opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial; able to roll-up one’s sleeves and execute a business plan without multiple layers of decision-making.
- A good listener with strong interpersonal skills to build trusted relationship.
- A collaborative, team-oriented individual who encourages the open exchange of ideas; yet, will make tough decisions.
- A proactive thinker who can anticipate and react to changes in the marketplace.
Job level: Executive
Job Function: Management / Business Development / Strategy/Planning
Company Industry: Insurance
Please forward a detailed resume and covering letter to: Alistair McNeish, PwC Human Capital Consulting Ltd., email@example.com