L&F Indemnity Limited is the Bermuda – based primary captive insurance entity that provides professional indemnity insurance coverage for the PricewaterhouseCoopers global network of firms. Since starting underwriting operations in 1998, the entity has developed a reputation for innovative client service and technical acumen.
Due to continued business growth, the Company is looking to hire a Financial Accountant, who will provide accounting, compliance and regulatory services to support the business, working in collaboration with the Underwriting, Finance & Investments, and Claims functions, in addition to undertaking special projects as business needs dictate.
The role will be suited to a qualified accountant, with circa 2- 5 years’ post qualification insurance experience, although candidates with more experience will also be welcomed. Adaptability, enthusiasm to learn and willingness take on multiple responsibilities, will be important selection criteria.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual IFRS financial statements, working in conjunction with the CFO;
- Budgeting, forecasting, accounting and related analytic reporting, as directed by the CFO and other team members;
- Assist with population, monitoring and regulatory reporting, in order to achieve Solvency 11 compliance for different group entities;
- Assist with investment agreement and related compliance documentation;
- Assist with performance reporting and risk metrics
- Review actuarial and underwriting inputs and coordinate cash – flow data for underwriting analysis;
- Assist with update and iterations of the premium allocation model, as well as forecasting potential premium impact of claims settlement levels;
- Conduct claims – related research and analysis for shareholder meetings and biannual reinsurance meetings.
Required skills and experience
- A qualified accountant, with 2-5 +years’ post qualification experience working within a re/insurance company, insurance management company or professional services company supporting the insurance sector;
- Current IFRS reporting experience;
- Captive insurance company experience would be welcomed, although is not essential; ditto, a professional designation ( A Re, CPCU, ACII, ARM);
- Experience of Sun Systems GL platform would be desirable;
- The role requires a high degree of numeracy and strong analytical skills, capable of understanding, interpreting and manipulating complex financial and actuarial data effectively.
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and Power-point;
- A team player, capable of thriving in a small – team environment;
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your insurance, financial, compliance and investment skills, working as part of a motivated, high –performance team.
Please forward a detailed resume and covering letter to: Alistair McNeish, PwC Human Capital Consulting Ltd., email@example.com