Our client is a leading, Class 4 listed re/insurance and financial services group, head quartered in Bermuda. Due to continued growth, the company is looking to recruit a Corporate Actuary.
Role Purpose - Oversee Corporate Actuarial Projects related to Group reserving and reporting
Reports to: Head of Bermuda Reserving
- Assume responsibility for producing Technical Provisions in the Economic Balance Sheet filed with the BMA.
- Assume responsibility for all actuarial disclosures in the 10Q and 10K filings.
- Assume responsibility for reserving in respect of Group Intercompany transactions. This will include demonstrating transfer pricing requirements are met as needed.
- Provide support to the Group Chief Reserving Actuary in compiling necessary materials and supporting documentation for quarterly reserve committee meetings.
- Assume responsibility for various ad-hoc reserving-related projects – for example reserving and in-house estimation of future cash flows.
- Assist with the operation of and ensure compliance with Internal Control framework around reserving.
- Assist in bringing NLRO reserving “in-house” as per the Actuarial Target Operating Model.
The role is ideally suited to a qualified actuary either working in industry, or within an actuarial consulting or professional services company.
- 3-5 years of reserving experience for Non-Life business.
- Excellent communication skills in order to lead projects involving individuals in various locations across the Global Actuarial and Finance Functions.
- Must have actuarial qualification (e.g. ACAS/FCAS, FIA)
- Must have Accounting qualification helpful (e.g. CPA, CA)
- Good Data management skills
- Knowledge of ResQ reserving software helpful
General Skills / Attributes:
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of individuals in a variety of functions (e.g. finance, claims, underwriting, actuarial, operations) located in a variety of offices (US, UK, Australia, Bermuda).
- Highly motivated individual who can work long hours when needed.
- Must be able to deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment as development of Actuarial Target Operating model is underway.
Please forward a detailed resume and covering letter to: Alistair McNeish, PwC Human Capital Consulting Ltd., firstname.lastname@example.org