Our client is a Bermuda-based holding company for a privately held, multi-national branded, retail and manufacturing group. Affiliated Bermuda companies act as private trust companies and a family office. Reporting to the General Manager, the Compliance and Trust officer will be responsible for working under the direction of the Group Controller on compliance matters on behalf of the group. He/she will also be responsible for accounting support, administration and corporate secretarial work on behalf of the corporate trustees, trusts and their underlying companies.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for liaising with banks and other third parties globally and providing UBO, KYC and AML information in relation to all group companies. This will include negotiation with banks regarding the information that is necessary;
- Assisting the Group Controller with regulatory issues to including the maintenance of beneficial owner registers and regulatory filings;
- Acting as corporate secretary for group related entities to include minute taking and liaising with outside counsel;
- Preparing, reviewing and distributing the Board, AGM & EGM packages for allocated group companies;
- The administration of Board meeting software (Boardvantage) for periodic Board meetings;
- Undertaking trust and family office related accounting support activities to include cash, accruals and financial statement preparation and the review and analysis of results. This will include the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly budget to actual comparisons;
- The recording and analysis of several company and trust investment portfolios;
- Special projects as assigned.
Required skills and education:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or a related subject;
- Preference will be given to candidates with professional qualifications in compliance, accounting, trust and/or corporate secretarial related disciplines;
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role preferably gained in a bank or family office;
- Excellent inter-personal skills conducive to working in a small office environment;
- Excellent written, verbal and organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
Please forward a detailed resume in confidence to:
PricewaterhouseCoopers Executive Search