Our client is a Bermuda – domiciled insurance group that provides insurance on behalf of a world –class, global professional services group.
Due to continued business growth, the company is looking to hire a Chief Financial Officer, who will report to the Chief Executive Officer, with responsibility for leading all finance and investment functions within the group. Operating in a complex and fast moving environment, the key responsibilities will include to:
- Develop, direct and monitor the group’s finance function operations, promoting continuous improvement in operations;
- Serve as a strategic partner by providing financial input, analysis, advice and leadership in the development of the group’s strategic plans;
- Oversee the investment portfolio and support the development of investment strategy, in order to achieve required risk -adjusted return, diversification and financial flexibility;
- Manage the financing and capital requirements of the group;
- Develop reliable quarterly and annual budgeting processes, as well as intermediate and long-terms forecasting models;
- Oversee the Loss Reserving process, including chairing the Management Reserving Committee;
- Oversee the preparation of GAAP financial statements and statutory financial returns; and design and coordinate the annual report;
- Implement and develop internal controls around the financial reporting and investment management processes;
- Oversee, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance of finance professionals
- Oversee the Group’s tax risks and tax reporting compliance.
This exciting leadership opportunity could be suited to senior financial professionals from the re/insurance, financial services or professional services sectors, although outstanding candidates from other industries will also be considered. Key selection criteria will include:
- CA, CPA or equivalent professional accounting qualification, likely to have between 15 – 25 years’ post qualification experience, with appropriate insurance and financial leadership experience;
- A strategic thinker, with sound technical skills in IFRS, regulatory reporting, analytical ability and a strong operational focus;
- Experience overseeing a large investment portfolio, with a deep understanding of investment classes and associated risk;
- Knowledge of Solvency 11 and Bermuda regulatory requirements strongly preferred;
- Experience monitoring group tax risk and tax reporting compliance, would be beneficial;
- Ability to deliver clear and persuasive presentations to the Board and investors
- Excellent communications skills, able to interact effectively at all levels throughout the group.
Please forward a detailed resume in confidence to:
PricewaterhouseCoopers Executive Search