Position title: AVP, IT Lead – Finance
Department: IT Shared Development
Reports to: AVP, IT Portfolio Manager – Finance
A global reinsurance company is seeking an experienced professional in the IT Product Management team. Working directly with Finance users and management, the IT Lead – Finance is responsible for leading a team to provide IT solutions for the D365 Finance applications suite and related technologies. This role helps to align technology solutions with business strategies and roadmaps, and proactively seeks out and promotes opportunities to enhance the business through the effective use of technology.
Strong collaboration and communications with other technical and business teams, as well as with stakeholders, is paramount. This role requires close coordination with other technology leads, third-party vendors and internal business teams across the breath of the organization.
Key responsibilities include working with the business and IT teams to plan and deliver solutions in-line with the strategic direction of the global Finance team and the broader organization. The IT Lead ensures there is sufficient process expertise and technical know-how in place to successfully deliver solutions that adhere to the organization’s standards and quality guidelines.
- Manages the end-to-end delivery of ERP and Corporate Finance applications, including major upgrades/releases and implementation of future-state platforms
- Provides hands-on skills and expertise with the platform to deliver on specific initiatives in support of the strategic goals of the global Finance and IT organizations
- Leads and participates in Finance projects to support optimized business processes, applications, security, data integration and business intelligence/reporting
- Leads a team of full-time and consulting resources to provide ongoing support of ERP and related reporting and analysis tools and platforms
- Understands the financial accounting business function, the environment in which it operates and the role it plays within the broader organization
- Brings deep expertise in the D365 Finance (F&O/AX) product suite and related technologies\
- Ensures solutions are designed, developed, enhanced and tested in accordance with business and technical requirements, ensuring that development work adheres to standards and controls
- Works with IT Portfolio Managers to define and prioritize the portfolio of Finance IT projects and objectives to ensure a deep understanding of requirements, timelines and outcomes
- Provides people management for a small team.
- Ability to manage third-party vendor relationships in either consulting or managed services capacities
- Ensures compliance with corporate, regulatory and IT governance practices to ensure that the risk management and audit processes are integrated into the Finance business systems culture
- Coordinates with IT security and infrastructure to ensure all IT solutions for the Finance business systems are implemented and maintained in accordance with a documented and robust controls framework and product delivery life cycle
- Works closely with IT Project Managers to plan resourcing and delivery for key IT projects, providing regular status updates and issue escalation to business and IT stakeholders
- Ability to work across business areas and bring together multidiscipline teams in support of shared delivery objectives
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- Undergraduate university degree essential, with emphasis on business, finance and accounting; an advanced degree advantageous
- A minimum of five years of recent experience with full lifecycle ERP and/or EPM systems development (analysis, architecture, design, development, testing, and deployment)
- Ability to organize multidiscipline teams across departments, including third-party contractors
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of resources to implement IT solutions in support of business objectives
- Proven experience implementing, supporting and managing D365 Finance (F&O/AX) or equivalent ERP systems in complex environments
- Demonstrated project and people management skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
This is a fast-paced business environment, demanding a strong work ethic and a results-oriented approach.
Please forward a detailed resume in confidence to:
PricewaterhouseCoopers Executive Search