Senior Associate - Valuation Services
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is a firm committed to collaboration and strong relationships that help our clients and our people realise their ambitions. Well known for our technical excellence, we are also a firm brimming with energetic and inspirational people who want to build a diverse and enduring career in a progressive, global organisation.
The Deals Advisory team in PwC is the leading transaction support firm in Vietnam providing advice to international and local clients from corporate, private equity to financial investors. The Deals team assists clients to unlock and maximize deal value throughout the deal process from pre-deal evaluation, due diligence, valuation, to post-deal services.
Due to rapid growth of our business, we are currently looking for a Senior Associate with a dedicated focus on Valuation Services to join our team in Hanoi.
- Support Managers in performing valuations of businesses and intangibles assets for M&A, tax, financial reporting or dispute, arbitration and litigation purposes in different industries which comprise of:
- Gathering financial data and information in relation to the companies
- Building and/or reviewing the financial models
- Performing financial analysis
- Applying valuation methodologies including the commonly used valuation methods such as discounted cash flow, market and net tangible asset approaches
- Writing business valuation reports, including economic, industry, and company analysis, and application of business valuation approaches and methods
- Support Managers in financial modelling including financial model development, capital investment decision making advice and model reviews
- Develop investigative and analytical skills gained through the analysis of financial and operational information and interviewing management teams
By joining the Valuation Services team, you will:
- Develop deals experience from exposure to a wide range of transactions
- Participate in a comprehensive program of structured learning as well as on the job training to develop enhanced valuation and transactions support skills
- Be exposed to a diverse range of international, national and local clients, particularly in the resources sector, allowing you to develop real industry expertise
- Work with senior team members on valuations and transaction projects and deal with senior personnel at client organisations
- Work with teams from other PwC lines of services and other firms in PwC international network
To be successful in this role
- You hold a university degree in finance / applied finance/quantitative analysis or related major required (a post-graduate degree is an asset but not required) with good understanding of valuation methodology for business entities and intangible assets including valuation discounts and premiums
- Your working experience in the performance of valuations or in business modeling or experience in M&A/corporate finance/private equity gained in an English speaking environment is an asset, however not required (we will also consider profiles with additional or less experience, for a different level within our team)
- You are a team player with very good communication and strong writing skills in both English and Vietnamese, and ability to direct others in completing segments of valuation projects
- Good commercial mindset with an eye for details
- Computer literate, software applications such as Word, Excel and Power-Point
- Flexible working style and willingness to travel frequently and on short notice is essential
How to apply:
If you would like to work in a challenging environment with opportunities for advancement, please send your CV in English with a cover letter expressing how you match this position to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities in PwC Vietnam.