PwC tax webcasts and podcasts, provide guidance and specialized insight to assist companies conduct business and navigate challenges in today's evolving world. Held throughout the year, these multimedia events cover current tax developments and practical implementation considerations across a wide range of topics, including, but not limited to: international tax, state and local tax, tax accounting, IFRS, federal tax, tax function effectiveness and transfer pricing. Participants are eligible to earn CPE credits for webcast participation. If you have questions about this process please visit our CPE FAQ page.
For more information on Tax webcasts, please visit our Tax events page. (http://www.pwc.com/us/tax/events
Interested in learning more about income tax accruals and earning up to 18.5 CPE credits?
Register for PwC's practical, hands-on Introduction to Income Tax Accruals: ASC 740 (f.k.a. FAS 109) training.
Participants will learn the basics and develop the ability to:
- Understand the requirements of Accounting for Income Taxes, including income statement and balance sheet calculations
- Understand the mechanics and analysis of the "provision to return"
- Draft basic footnote disclosures including the effective tax rate analysis
- Discuss and apply basic concepts and computations including the valuation allowance
- Identify exceptions to the basic income tax model and areas of special concern
- Discuss the basic concepts related to uncertain tax positions (f.k.a. FIN48)
- Participants will become comfortable with income tax accruals through the completion of case studies. The case studies include various exercises to determine the source of permanent and temporary differences, calculations of the current tax provision, determination of the deferred tax provision, and presentation/disclosure for financial reporting purposes.
This training workshop is ideal for individuals that have limited prior experience with financial statement accounting for income taxes. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course.
- Chicago: June 10 - 12, 2014
- New York: June 18 - 20, 2014
- Boston: September 24 - 26, 2014
- Denver: November 19 - 21, 2014
To learn more, click here to email the PwC contact for this event.
Click here to download the registration form
Access the archive of PwC's quarterly tax accounting webcasts by clicking here. Note: CPE Credit may only be awarded to participants on LIVE webcasts.