Our dedicated tax professionals provide law firms and their partners with solutions to domestic and global tax issues, advice on international operations and coordinated tax planning for domestic and foreign offices. We offer solutions to partner tax issues, offered through our personal financial services group (PFS), as well as partnership tax issues. Our international network of professionals with cross-border tax experience has the knowledge necessary to address the tax issues facing firms, including international tax services, state and local tax, VAT, transaction services and developments and rulings from Washington.
Human Resource Services
There are as many ways to measure a law firm’s success as there are to create it, but one factor is clear: the powerful link that exists between the quality and energy of the people who work for a firm and its performance. We offer fresh perspectives and innovative services to complex global and local human resource issues, such as employee communications, health and welfare, HR effectiveness, HR transaction services, international assignment solutions, retirement benefits services, and total compensation.
Some of the key areas where we assist law firms include crisis management, internal audit, compliance, performance improvement as well as:
- Cost reduction and revenue maximization: Providing services to help firms identify and implement cost reduction and process improvement opportunities.
- Talent management
- Operational reviews: Performing an analysis on the effectiveness and efficiency of the core business operations at law firms in terms of quality, control and cost and making appropriate recommendations.
- Dispute analysis & investigations: Offering financial, economic, and statistical services to law firms involved in litigation, arbitration or mediations, and regulatory investigations or other regulatory issues.
- Law firm M&A services: Advising law firms on various aspects of proposed mergers, including structure, tax implications to the firms or their partners, accounting systems, year-ends due diligence and integration
- Risk management for law firms: Providing an enterprise-wide risk management approach, which addresses operational, market, regulatory, employee/professional, client reputation/brand, IT and financial/accounting risks.