Our experience in implementation of successful SSCs
The slowing economy and lower sales have heightened the need to optimize working capital and manage cash flow better. To that end, companies can reduce their overall cost structure through shared services centers, which help to eliminate head count redundancies and enable process efficiencies and economies of scale that generate better cash flow through operations.Working alongside our clients, PwC can offer a customized range of solutions, drawing on deep experience across the firm that can help you manage the risks of establishing a successful shared services center (SSC) from inception to completion. Key elements include:
- Feasibility study and business case
- SSC operating model (including service-level monitoring and reporting)
- SSC organizational design
- Employment and skills management
- Definition of the process scope, improvement, and transition
- Program management
- Change management
- Risk management
- Finance, HR, and IT issues
- Tax issues
- Optimization, including management of performance, capacity, etc.
For companies interested in gaining visibility to immediate savings opportunities, we offer a rapid SSC (or outsourcing) assessment. The rapid assessment identifies immediate improvement opportunities and provides a high-level improvement roadmap. Savings identified through this assessment can range from 5-15% of your operational costs.