Data & Identity theft issues
What you should be considering
- US private company data and identities are increasingly at risk of theft
- Data is portable, and can be easily transferred and replicated — once distributed, all subsequent media are potential breach points
- Economic incentives to commit counterfeiting and piracy activities contributed to the growth in data and identity theft in recent years
- Shifting business models that emphasize collaboration with 3rd parties make traditional protection methods inadequate
- Compliance is merely the minimum level of security needed
- Where is your most sensitive data and who has access to it?
- What regulations and standards apply to your data?
- Do your safeguards alert you to ongoing security threats?
- Do your employees, customers, and business partners understand their role in protecting sensitive information?
- Do your safeguards provide data with end-to-end protection, including mobile devices?
With a security strategy in place,
- Organizations gain more control over sensitive data
- Reduce the cost of data breaches
- Achieve greater visibility into how data are used throughout the organization
- Helps to secure a company's reputation, competitiveness, and financial well-being