PwC's Engineering & Construction industry webcast and podcast series
To learn about the FASB/IASB joint project regarding revenue recognition and the new proposed lease accounting rules, and their impact on the engineering and construction companies, access the most recent webcast and the preceding three-part podcast series below.
Webcast series: Part IV: FASB/IASB joint project: Contractors' statements, revenue recognition and leasing exposure drafts
On June 15, 2010, PwC's Engineering & Construction practice hosted Part IV of its special industry webcast series discussing the unprecedented, standard-setting activity currently underway at both the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and International Accounting Standards Board (lASB). The webcast, entitled, FASB/IASB joint project: Contractors' statements, revenue recognition and leasing exposure drafts
, focused primarily on the upcoming changes to financial statement presentation and also included an update from previous webcasts on the revenue recognition and leasing projects.
Key areas of focus that were discussed include:
Access the webcast archive.
Podcast series: Parts one and two: Revenue recognition
- General convergence update
- Financial statement presentation project
- Leasing project update
- Revenue recognition project update
Podcast series: Part three: Lease accounting
- Discussion of responses to revenue recognition paper (1 podcast segment)
- FASB/IASB revenue recognition project: Progress towards completion (3 podcast segments)
- Impact of proposed lease accounting rules on E&C companies