How to improve IT outsourcing (ITO) competency
If this is your situation
- You want to evaluate whether outsourcing or offshoring your IT function is the right option for you.
- You need to know what to outsource, what vendor to select and where the work will be performed.
- You want to understand the global and regional tax and audit issues regarding ITO
- You want to make sure an existing sourcing relationship is working properly.
- You want to be sure that the ITO vendor operates within your corporate policies and culture.
- You want to know when your expected cost savings will be realized.
- You would like to understand how to transfer knowledge and process without disrupting operations.
- You want to know how to renegotiate the terms of an ITO agreement, or end the relationship, if appropriate.
How PwC can help you
PwC Advisory’s professionals have a wide range of IT outsourcing and offshoring global experience. We’ve helped companies throughout the world address all aspects of the outsourcing lifecycle, from initial strategy to implementation, termination or renegotiation.
Services we provide include the following:
- IT sourcing alignment and feasibility assessment. PwC Advisory will analyze your current IT environment to determine the best sourcing options to meet your business objectives. A range of alternatives, such as IT outsourcing, offshoring or shared services, among other options, may be considered.
- Location analysis and vendor selection. Working with your team, PwC Advisory can help you select the right locations and vendors, as well as assist you with contract negotiation and development of service-level agreements.
- Sourcing transition. To help ensure your ITO decision yields the desired benefits, we help you manage the transition to your new environment.
- Sourcing optimization. PwC Advisory can review an existing IT outsourcing or offshoring arrangement against the established service levels and industry leading practices. This may include a service level/billing review, performing benchmarking on the current sourcing strategy to ensure value is being delivered, ensuring security and privacy compliance is being met and ensuring the ongoing fit of the relationship.
- Renegotiation and termination. PwC Advisory can help you develop a termination strategy, if appropriate. This may include building the business case for making the change, assisting in renegotiating the agreement, helping to plan and execute the transitioning of activities to another service provider or bringing the work back in-house.