HR transaction services
Your issue: Finding the right resources to help you enhance transaction value through human capital programs.
In today's competitive business environment, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, and IPOs are commonplace. However, when a company undertakes any of these transactions, it risks losing value. Research shows that more than 70% of deals fail to realize the anticipated value ― and failure to properly address HR issues is a key contributor. An organization's people are key to achieving competitive advantage. Thus it is essential that transactional issues associated with people be identified early and addressed properly.
As companies examine, undergo and complete these business transactions, retirement, health & welfare and compensation programs all need to be evaluated for existing risks. There is also a need to determine whether the existing programs and overall HR platform will enable the post-transaction enterprise to realize the value envisioned in the transaction.
The way forward
In anticipation of a transaction, PwC's global network of professionals working in the transaction arena collaborate to provide our clients comprehensive capabilities, wherever the deal is unfolding. Our team includes:
- Tax and regulatory experts
- HR specialists in the areas of:
- Health & welfare
- HR strategy and operations
- Workforce planning
- Talent management
PwC's HR Transaction Services practitioners work with companies from the due diligence stage of a transaction to address the specific retirement, health & welfare, compensation (including equity) programs and other HR issues inherent in the transaction through post-deal implementation. Post-transaction, we can help address the issues that were raised in the pre-transaction phase. By identifying the impact of people issues, PwC helps bridge the gap between the HR function and the transaction team.
Specific areas of assistance include:
- Due diligence
- Pre deal HR strategy/structure
- Day one readiness
- Merger integration assistance
- M&A process improvement
- Post transaction HR strategy/integration/organization design
- Business synergy analysis
- Ongoing HR, retirement, health & welfare, and compensation services
Value to your company
PwC's global network of HR transaction services professionals provides a tailored approach combining our HR consulting proficiency with our tax, accounting and financial analytics capabilities ― all critical aspects of HR programs ― enabling our clients to:
Please contact us to discuss how we can work together to help you enhance your transaction value
- Identify critical make-or-break people issues in advance of a transaction
- Manage human capital issues from deal identification through completion
- Identify integration challenges early and helping develop solutions to address them to help smooth integration
- Tackle the issues post-transaction that were raised in the pre-transaction phase
- Align post-transaction people strategies with the overall company strategy and objectives