Health reform tax implications
Washington National Tax Service Publications that address tax implications resulting from healthcare reform legislation passed.
- Nov 5, 2010: 2010 election results to affect future tax legislation affecting pharmaceutical and life sciences companies
- Mar 30, 2010: Pharmaceuticals and life sciences tax alert: comprehensive US healthcare reform legislation
- Mar 30, 2010: Comprehensive health care reform legislation with significant tax provisions enacted into law
- Mar 23, 2010: Accounting for impact of health law provision eliminating tax deduction related to Medicare Part D subsidy
- Mar 22, 2010: President to sign health care legislation; Senate to begin debate on reconciliation tax bill amending key provisions of new law
- Mar 18, 2010: Health care tax reconciliation bill includes new tax on investment income and other tax offsets
- Feb 22, 2010: President Obama outlines revised health care plan in advance of bipartisan summit; tax proposals include economic substance codification
- Nov 19, 2009: Senate Majority Leader Reid introduces health care reform bill, to seek floor action within days
- Nov 11, 2009: House-passed health bill would tighten substantial understatement penalty
- Nov 10, 2009: Impact of proposed tax on "Cadillac" health plans expected to expand over time
- Oct 29, 2009: House Democratic leaders introduce new health care bill with revised revenue provisions
For additional WNTS Insights, visit the archives.