Leaders must find new ways of approaching surgical care and strategy, from creating a true surgical team built around the patient, focused on quality, safety, and the most current best practices, to a shared responsibility for the appropriate use of technology.
In this Breakthroughs report, leading hospitals share and candidly discuss insights and lessons that will help you:
- Build whole-team focus on shared outcomes
- Create a culture of safety in all surgical services
- Balance patient experience with cost & clinical efficiency
- Assemble surgical teams with the most efficient mix of skills
- Identify high-growth specialty and sub-specialty services
- Implement clinical and information technology planning strategies to improve throughput and patient experience