Provider services and solutions
Risk and compliance management: Investigations and corporate integrity agreements
No matter how diligent management is and how effective existing governance structures are, bad things do happen to good organizations. No company is immune from the risks of fraud, employee misconduct or regulatory non-compliance. Today’s complex regulatory environment and challenges surrounding talent recruitment and management creates the inevitable disconnects between policy and regulation. During these times how organizations respond is critical to successful management of reputation and financial risks associated with regulatory or law enforcement investigations.
How we can help you
- Providers seek to establish an approach to resolve commercial disputes and to cooperate with government investigations.
- We can help resolve commercial disputes with early case assessment, class certification and discovery assistance. We can quantify your exposure, prepare claims and rebuttals and prepare witnesses for testimony. We can help prevent fraud and misconduct by investigating your risks for false accounting, violations of contract terms, breach of corporate policies, and theft of funds, inventory or intellectual property. We can help resolve disputes with the government regarding pricing, costing and administering contracts. In the event of securities litigation, we can prepare a professional response aimed at reducing regulatory sanctions.
- Providers need to negotiate a corporate integrity agreement in partial settlement of a government investigation.
- We have experience negotiating CIAs on behalf of providers. We can serve as an independent review organization (IRO), monitoring and verifying your organization’s programs for compliance, billing, systems review and unallowable costs review.
Common services include
- Providing forensic accounting services in response to government investigations or class-action litigation
- Conducting background research on people and companies
- Managing research, analysis, and settlement of economic losses due to business interruption, property damage or product recall
- Analyzing electronic evidence
- Responding to security-related incidents and IT system failures
- Serving as an independent review organization for corporate integrity agreements
Subject matter specialists