Provider services and solutions
Health Information Technology: Health Information Exchange
Current healthcare costs and reimbursement models have been described as being unsustainable. Addressing these require dynamic information and better outcomes. Government, state and local communities are looking at HIEs as a component towards addressing the multitude of health system problems, with a long-term vision of establishing a national health information network .
But success is still elusive for HIEs. Challenges abound. It involves changing how information is retrieved, distributed, and archived. Producing a sustainable and relevant HIE model. Altering the way how health system stakeholders interact. Requires the right technology, process, and culture as well as governance. One that works for all participating organizations, patients, physicians and the public health. A cooperative structure that produces trust and lasting relationships. And there are success stories. They involve innovative and compelling models, sound formation practices and governance that encourage ongoing stakeholder participation, solid technology and operational platforms and robust deployment and change-management methodologies.
How we can help you
- Your organization might see an opportunity to use technology to connect its physicians, hospitals, and outpatients and impact the health status of the community. In order to achieve this, it requires building an HIE to connect the disparate sites and as well as deploying an EHR system at the physician practice sites, among others.
- We can provide facilitated project management for the health information exchange deployment, resolving issues, mitigating risk areas, and analyzing the implications of large inter-project dependencies. We can work with the contracted EHR and HIE vendors to develop a timeline for deployment customized to your needs and assemble a "toolkit" of standardized methodologies for implementing the EHR and HIE systems across individual practices. We can additionally develop a business model for the HIE and identify benefits for all stakeholders involved.
- Pressure from clinicians to ease pain related to implementation (such as sharing information and work flow changes) and respond to HIE / RHIO market trends.
- We can help you develop an effective HIE strategy that assesses your environment, understand your strategic objectives, develop strategy and prioritize initiatives, and develop strategy to increase market revenue as well as stakeholder management.
- Lack of understanding of how other healthcare organizations are utilizing their clinical data exchange.
- We can assist in the strategic business-relationship development such as in the pursuit of vendors within industry of interests (i.e., technology, payer, financial services, pharma/life sciences), definition of communication plan, conducting a market-relationship assessments, identify monitoring tools to address issues of risks and relationships and the implement relationship processes.
Common services include
- Help establishing governance, a sustainable business and financial model, technical and architectural validation and preparation, and a rollout plan
- Project and change management services for RHIO/HIE implementation
- Develop and evaluate HIE strategies and operational/deployment plans
Subject matter specialists