Provider services and solutions
Health Information Technology: Consumer-centric health models
The delivery of care is evolving from the focus on episodic treatment of symptoms in the clinical environment to more continuous monitoring and prognostic assessment during one’s daily life. There is an increased emphasis on behavioral change as individuals act on their health information to improve health status. What is driving this? Demand for improved health value (outcomes over spend). Medicine increasingly becoming personalized-providing new types of patient information. Technological innovation coupled with an engaged consumer. Greater connectivity and new care/disease management models.
This evolution will influence and ultimately determine the way that information is integrated, aggregated and turned into valuable assets. Driving new health information and information-exchange paradigms. Changing the role of care delivery organizations and professionals. Impact the form of healthcare IT solutions in the marketplace. Personalized medicine. Telemedicine. EHR/PHR. Health 2.0. What does this mean to your organization today and in the near future?
How we can help you
- Your organization needs to understand how it will be able to play in this consumer-centric health market, the partnerships it will need to develop, and an estimation of the total size of the market and estimated time to monetization.
- We can help you evaluate market opportunities and provide greater insight into how your company can leverage its assets to meet the increased consumer demand and market competition.
- The applications, point of care-delivery and connectivity involved in patient care, management and record keeping will shift significantly away from the historical model of localized, institution/acute-care center-based healthcare IT.
- We can help can assess/develop innovative care and information technology models that provide better value-outcomes over spend, and opportunities for revenue enhancement.
- This consumer-centric evolution will influence and ultimately determine the way that information is integrated, aggregated and turned into valuable assets.
- We can develop strategies and approaches to the evolving information infrastructure which may be tapped for many secondary applications and product offerings (e.g. R&D/product approval process), changing the way that companies think about marketing products/services to individual consumers.
Common services include
- Assessing/developing potential business case by analyzing the market dynamics and potential structure of an offering
- Evaluate gaps and strategic options as well as develop a potential action plan
- Help design demonstration projects/pilots, financial/reimbursement model, and implementation/tactical plans
- Develop a data asset strategy and improvement plan
Subject matter specialists