Provider services and solutions
Financial performance: Supply chain management
Patient care interrupted. A clinician stops to order new supplies because no one noticed that the inventory had run low. Tracking down misplaced supplies, rummaging through out-of-date supplies or returning incorrect orders wastes clinician time. Time that costs you money. Time that can impair patient care. Reasons you need a well-managed supply chain.
A well-managed supply chain tracks inventory and usage from the moment the physician writes an order and throughout care delivery. Few other aspects of your enterprise are as integrally linked to your organization’s individual components — or more crucial to its overall success
How we can help you
- Your supply chain should facilitate collaboration among purchasers and negotiation with vendors. We can show you how to reduce expenditures by joining group purchasing organizations to take advantage of competitive contact pricing opportunities. We can help you negotiate with suppliers for lower prices and more favorable contract terms.
- Your supply chain processes need to be efficient. We can help streamline your internal ordering and tracking processes to eliminate inefficiencies.
- You want to evolve from isolated, department-specific purchasing processes to a supply chain integrated with business and clinical processes throughout your enterprise. We can help you harness your information technology resources to strengthen your supply chain infrastructure and integrate supply chain processes.
Common services include
- Streamlining your internal supply chain processes to eliminate inefficiencies
- Implementing an IT infrastructure to support an integrated, enterprise-wide supply chain
- Improving cash flow and reducing expenditures by facilitating group purchasing arrangements and contract pricing opportunities
Subject matter specialists