Provider services and solutions
Clinical operations & quality: Workforce & human resources management
Overstaffed? Understaffed? How about right-staffed? You need to have the right employees in the right jobs. Deploy them efficiently. Train them in best practices. Unburden them from tasks that interfere with their responsibilities as caregivers. When you constantly deal with the worries of staff shortages or overages, you may lose focus on the bigger and more immediate challenge of increasing the productivity of existing staff to deliver quality care within today’s tight operating margins.
Today’s tough economy necessitates hiring freezes despite the escalating need for increased clinical services. How do you do more without hiring more and without overloading your employees or diminishing quality of patient care? By thinking creatively.
How we can help you
- You need to assess the skills and performance of your existing staff to determine how to deploy them most effectively. We can conduct talent assessments and analyze staff performance histories to help put people in the right jobs.
- You aim to minimize overhead—staff positions that contribute little to patient care or revenue. We can help you align your staffing and business strategies. We can examine staff job descriptions to eliminate redundant tasks.
- You can improve job satisfaction and productivity by moving underutilized employees to leadership positions. We can identify cross-training opportunities. We can help you accelerate the development of high performers for leadership roles.
Common services include
- Conducting talent assessments and performance reviews of existing staff
- Studying job descriptions to reduce overhead and redundant tasks
- Evaluating the operational and cost benefits of outsourcing
Subject matter specialists