The Medical Technology Company Innovation Scorecard: How companies fare on innovation know-how
For its research, HRI developed an innovation scorecard to assess 36 medtech companies on four innovation pillars and eight innovation dimensions based on leading practices in innovation. The scorecard is a guide for executives to use as they develop and refine their innovation game plan. Use the interactive graphic below to compare scores by company size and location.
Download our Report.
Medical Technology Innovation Scorecard
Methodology for creating the Medical Technology Company Innovation Scorecard
- Develop scorecard framework: Apply knowledge of leading practices based on 7 innovation dimensions
- Collect and analyze data: Use quantitative survey of 36 medical device companies
- Normalize data: Apply a scale of 1 to 9 to raw survey data, with 9 being leading practice.
- Calculate innovation dimension scores: Apply scale and assign scores for each of the 7 innovation dimensions
- Calculate innovation pillar and overall scores: Average scores for each dimension and calculate scores for the four innovation pillars and assign the overall score