PwC’s Insurance claims services practice assists clients with quantifying major insurance losses and managing the resulting claims. We help our clients to quantify the value of business impairment by drawing upon our specialized insurance and industry capabilities, in combination with our knowledge of insurance loss accounting relating to a broad range of coverage areas including property (real, personal and intangible), business interruption, extra expense, professional liability (errors and omissions, directors and officers), fidelity, product recall/product liability and environmental.
PwC works with clients to:
- Provide analytical support and assist companies through each step of the claims process
- Help assemble and assess the preliminary claim information
- Establish plans to mitigate damages and resume business as expeditiously as possible
- Identify and track expenses incurred in minimizing business interruption, estimate losses in terms of policy coverage and assist in establishing lost profits by applying actual loss sustained measurement methodologies
- Assemble the information needed to facilitate payment on the claim by insurers, thereby mitigating the impact on the business
- Identify and analyze the tax consequences and opportunities with respect to the loss and loss recoveries.