Corporate performance management
How to translate strategy into sustainable performance*
Organizations struggle mightily to meld their strategic intent with their operations, leaving a gap between the strategy they develop and their ability to execute that strategy in day-to-day business. What's needed is a better capability to understand the pulse of the organization—not only what is going on financially, but in terms of operations and compliance -- actionable management information to guide their operational and financial decisions. Developing a strategic performance management approach drives sustainable performance by aligning the activities of the management team and employees with corporate strategy.
Corporate Performance Management (CPM) is a framework that integrates strategy with business operations. It gives management a prospective and real-time picture of what is actually going on across the value chain and provides a robust platform to support future growth. It helps executives address the fundamental business questions of: How are we doing? Why? What should we be doing?
If this is your situation
- You want to align your key performance indicators and reduce the volume and complexity of your management reports.
- You need to reduce your overall budget cycle time and deploy rolling forecasts to increase the value of your financial planning process.
- You wish to automate your planning, and analytical reporting processes through standard data models and systems.
- You want to effectively align and reduce your cost structure.
- You want to improve your operational actions through the use of real-time dashboards and scorecards.
- You need to improve data integrity and increase the transparency of your management reporting.
- You wish your rewards programs were effective in driving business plans and targets.
How PwC can help you
PwC's holistic approach to CPM helps clients improve management information and prospective visibility through alignment of financial, operational and regulatory metrics that drive accountabilities, decision support and operational execution. With a focused and proven approach, we help clients with:
- Planning optimization—improve the reliability and process efficiency of prospective information, including driver based budgeting and rolling forecasts.
- CPM tool deployment—evaluate, design and optimize CPM tools and data models supporting planning, analytics and reporting (e.g., Hyperion, Cognos, Oracle and SAP).
- Dashboards, scorecards and KPI development—improve operational efficiencies through appropriate alignment of targeted metrics measuring the organization’s performance from customer, operational, organizational and financial perspectives.
- Change management and organization elements—leveraging metrics and data to align compensation and rewards programs with corporate goals.