Inside this issue
Flashline: A weekly update on financial reporting - June 12, 2014
This week's topics include:
- Introducing "In depth" (formerly Dataline): A look at financial reporting issues
- In depth: The standard is final - A comprehensive look at the new revenue model
- Upcoming webcasts on the new revenue standard
- Reminder: Q2-2014 Current Accounting and Reporting Developments webcast - June 18
- 2014 Conflict minerals filing review -Early insights from some of the largest companies
- M&A snapshot: Cross-border acquisitions -Post-acquisition considerations
- IFRS news - June 2014
- FASB issues final standard on development stage entities which eliminates certain financial reporting requirements
- FASB launches initiative to simplify accounting standards
- FASB meetings and project updates
- SEC issues responses to FAQs on Volcker Rule
- PCAOB adopts auditing standard on related parties
- PCAOB Standing Advisory Group to meet on June 24-25
- AICPA issues updated Code of Professional Conduct
- IASB proposes amendments to IFRS 10 and IAS 28 re: investment entities -applying the consolidation exception
Point of view - Sustainability reporting
Sustainability reporting is a growing trend. Find out how leading companies are benefitting from increased transparency.
IFRS news - June 2014
This issue of IFRS news looks at (1) the IASB and FASB's new revenue standard, (2) IFRS 11, Joint arrangements, (3) IAS 16 and IAS 38 amendments, (4) leasing redeliberations, (5) conceptual framework discussions, (6) IASB equity accounting research project, (7) uncertain tax positions, and (8) Q&As: qualitative disclosures about risk.
M&A snapshot: Cross-border acquisitions - Post-acquisition considerations
In cross-border deals, buyers shouldn't underestimate aspects of a transaction that require attention post-acquisition.
Introducing "In depth" (formerly Dataline): A look at financial reporting issues
A lot has changed since our Dataline publication series was first introduced many years ago. We've recently reevaluated its overall purpose, content, and name. We've renamed our Dataline publication series to In depth going forward. This article provides further information on the name and other changes.
In depth: Revenue standard is final - A comprehensive look at the new model
The FASB and IASB have issued their long-awaited converged standard on revenue recognition -- how will you be affected? Accompanying this In depth article is an initial release of industry-specific supplements with examples and further insights into ways entities within the industry are likely to be affected by the revenue standard. Additional supplements will be released over the coming weeks.
Revenue recognition industry webcasts
As part of our webcast series on the new Revenue Recognition standard, we invite you to join us for an expanded discussion on the specific impacts the new standard will have on the following industries:
2014 Conflict minerals filing review - Early insights from some of the largest companies
Our benchmarking of some of the largest companies' conflict minerals filings provides insight into industry trends. We looked at 10 filings for each of the following industries: Aerospace & defense, Automotive, Industrial products, Retail, and Technology.
3D printing and the new shape of industrial manufacturing
Manufacturers are observing how 3D printing (3DP) could disrupt manufacturing processes, impact the traditional supply chain, and increase the demand for the talent needed to apply the technology to their operations.
More from CFOdirect Network