PwC's monthly report shedding light on the IASB's activities. The December 2012/January 2013 edition looks at:
- Making headway on financial instruments
The IFRS 9 project continues towards completion, although convergence with the FASB is only expected in certain areas.
- Boards make progress on revenue
The IASB and FASB make decisions on key aspects of the proposals
- IAS 19 and discount rates
IFRS Interpretations Committee debates definition of 'high quality'
- Impairment of non-financial assets
Goodwill and non-current assets are on the regulatory radar
- Cannon Street press
Summary of recent activity at the Board. This month:
- Agenda consultation
- Rate regulated activities
- Narrow scope amendments - exposure drafts
- Annual improvements exposure draft
- Acquisitions of interests in joint operations