- Robert Shearer plans to retire from the top finance spot at VF Corp. in March. Controller and chief accounting officer Scott Roe will take over for him then at the apparel and footwear designer, manufacturer and distributor.
- Technology firm Yext has appointed Steven Cakebread to lead the finance function. He formerly was CFO at Pandora Media; before that, he headed finance at Salesforce.com, where he was also president and chief strategy officer.
- Douglas Muir plans to retire as head of finance at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts next year. The company will undertake a search to replace Muir, who joined Krispy Kreme in 2005 as chief accounting officer and has been finance chief since 2007.
- HMS Holdings has named Jeffrey Sherman CFO and treasurer. Most recently, he held the top finance spot at AccentCare.
- R. Bryan Riggsbee has been named CFO and treasurer of Myriad Genetics, effective Oct. 16. Previously, he was senior vice president, corporate finance, at Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings.
- Workers compensation insurance provider State Compensation Insurance Fund has promoted Peter Guastamachio to head finance. Guastamachio, who has been acting CFO since November, is also chief investment officer.
- Arthur Trudel, who has been finance chief at Argan since joining the energy plant designer and builder in 2003, is retiring in January. Board of directors member Cynthia Flanders will take over the top finance spot.
- Lumos Networks has chosen Johan Broekhuysen as its CFO and treasurer. Broekhuysen, formerly interim CFO, chief accounting officer and corporate controller, will also continue as chief accounting officer.
- Daniel Blount, who leads the finance function at Graphic Packaging Holding, plans to retire on March 1. Stephen Scherger, senior vice president of finance, will take over as finance chief on Jan. 1, at which time Blount will become a special adviser until his retirement.
- Johnson Controls has promoted Brian Stief to head finance. He replaces R. Bruce McDonald, who has been promoted to vice chairman at the industrial company. Stief, who has been at the firm since 2010, had been corporate controller.
- Michael Borrows is the new CFO of USA Truck. He takes over from Clifton Beckham, who said earlier in the year that he would resign. Most recently, Borrows was managing director at C2FO.
- Scan Health Plan has chosen Vinod Mohan as its finance chief. Previously, Mohan was regional CFO/Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans at UnitedHealth Group/United Healthcare.
© CFO Publishing, LLC 2014. All rights reserved.