- Food-services and uniform provider Aramark has appointed Stephen Bramlage, Jr., to lead the finance function, effective April 6. He will take over for Fred Sutherland, who will remain with the firm through year-end and then retire. Bramlage comes to the company after nine years at Owens-Illinois, where he was named finance chief in 2012.
- CFO Brent Callinicos has resigned from ride-sharing service Uber Technologies to spend more time with his family. Gautam Gupta, who joined Uber in 2013, will become acting head of finance.
- Care.com has chosen Michael Echenberg to fill the top finance spot, replacing interim CFO Steve Boulanger. Formerly, Echenberg was chief strategy officer at Weight Watchers International.
- Rachel Glaser has been named to lead the finance function at Demand Media. Previously, she headed finance at Move before its sale to News Corp.
- Alternative asset manager Ares Management has named Michael McFerran CFO and treasurer. He succeeds Daniel Nguyen, who will become CFO of the Ares Private Equity and Tradable Credit groups. Formerly, McFerran was a managing director at Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, where he was also CFO of the company’s credit business, as well as CFO and chief operating officer of KKR Financial Holdings.
- Anthony Colaluca, Jr., has been appointed finance chief at health-care performance improvement firm MedAssets. He takes over for Chuck Garner, who has been promoted to chief strategy and transformation officer. Most recently a consultant, Colaluca is also a former CFO of Intergraph Corp.
- SONIFI Solutions has chosen John Chang to lead the finance function. He joins the company from Hasbro Studios, where he was head of finance.
- Communications provider Globecomm Systems has appointed Jason Juranek to the top finance spot. Most recently, he was a division CFO at Harris CapRock.
- Finance chief Douglas Thede plans to retire from MicroStrategy at the end of the year. The firm, an enterprise software platform provider, plans a search for his successor.
- Alere, which provides diagnostic tests to consumers and professionals, has begun a search for a successor to head of finance David Teitel. He will remain in the top finance spot until his replacement has been named.
- Eric Aboaf has been named finance chief at Citizens Financial Group, effective April 6. He takes over for John Fawcett, who is retiring at the end of April. Aboaf joins the firm from Citigroup, were he was global treasurer and before that, CFO of its Institutional Client and North American Consumer groups.
- Dollar General has said that David Tehle, who heads finance, will retire on July 1, after almost 11 years on the job. The company has begun a search for his replacement.
- Richard Konzmann has been named finance chief of Arlington Asset Investment, effective March 23. He takes over for Kurt Harrington, who is retiring but will stay on as an employee until the end of April. Most recently, Konzmann was senior vice president, accounting, at American Capital.
- Restaurant owner and franchiser Brinker International has selected Thomas Edwards Jr., to lead the finance function. Previously, he headed finance at Wyndham Hotel Group.
- Susan Riley has been promoted to the top finance spot at Vestis Retail Group. A former consultant and interim CFO at the firm, she has also served as finance chief at Abercrombie & Fitch, Klinger Advanced Aesthetics, and The Dial Corp.
- Furniture maker Herman Miller has appointed Jeff Stutz as its next finance chief. He takes over for Greg Bylsma, who has been promoted to chief operating officer of Herman Miller North America (Work and Learning). Stutz has been at the company since 2001 and most recently was chief accounting officer and treasurer.
- B&G Foods has named Thomas Crimmins CFO and executive vice president of finance. He replaces Robert Cantwell, who was promoted to president and chief executive officer earlier this year. Previously, Crimmins headed finance at DRS Technologies.
- Gleeson Van Riet has been appointed interim co-CFO at Sanchez Energy. He succeeds Michael Long, who is retiring effective April 30. Van Riet is currently senior vice president of capital markets and investor relations.
© CFO Publishing, LLC 2015. All rights reserved.