- Retailer The Children’s Place has selected Anurup Pruthi to lead the finance function, effective Dec. 1. Most recently, he headed finance for Reliance Industries.
- Darden Restaurants has announced that CFO Brad Richmond will retire in March, or sooner if his replacement has been named. Richmond has been at the firm for 32 years and has led the finance function for the past 8 years.
- ION Geophysical has promoted Steve Bate to finance chief. He takes over for Greg Heinlein, who is leaving the firm. Bate had been chief operating officer of ION’s systems division.
- Equity-derivatives clearinghouse OCC (The Options Clearing Corp.) has named Kimberly McGarry to head finance. Previously, she was chief accounting officer at First Midwest Bank.
- CFO and treasurer Alison Engel will leave newspaper publisher A. H. Belo at the end of the year, and the company will begin a search for her successor.
- Compass Minerals has named Matthew Foulston to the top finance spot, effective Dec. 2. He replaces Rodney Underdown, whom the company announced earlier this year would be leaving at the end of December. Most recently, Foulston was senior vice president of operations and corporate finance at Navistar International.
- Genco Shipping & Trading has promoted Apostolos Zafolias to finance chief, effective Dec. 19. He takes over for John Wobensmith, who has been promoted to president, replacing the retiring Robert Buchanan. Zafolias has been at the company since 2005 and was named executive vice president of finance last year.
- Controller Richard O’Leary will become interim CFO at International Flavors & Fragrances,which creates those elements for consumer products. He succeeds Kevin Berryman, who resigned from the top finance spot to become CFO of Jacobs Engineering Group.
- Dianne Lyons has resigned as head of finance at insurer United Fire Group. A search is under way for her successor; in the meantime, controller Kevin Helbing will become interim principal financial officer.
- Stillwater Mining has named Christopher Bateman finance chief, effective Dec. 1. Bateman, who takes over for the retiring Greg Wing, formerly held the top finance spot at Turquoise Hill Resources.
- Dietary-supplement manufacturer Pharmavite has named Nitin Deshpande to the top finance spot. He joins the firm from Elizabeth Arden, where he was senior vice president of finance.
- Eric Hession has been promoted to finance chief at Caesars Entertainment, effective Jan. 1. He takes over from Donald Colvin, who will retire on Dec. 31. Hession, who has been at the company since 2002, is currently treasurer.
© CFO Publishing, LLC 2014. All rights reserved.