- Consumer-products firm Spectrum Brands Holdings has named Douglas Martin to the top finance spot, effective Sept. 1. He takes over from Tony Genito, who announced in April that he was leaving the company. Most recently, Martin headed finance at Newell Rubbermaid.
- Allergan has promoted Jim Hindman to the post of CFO and executive vice president of finance and business development. He replaces Jeff Edwards, who has resigned. Hindman has been at the company since 1984 and has been senior vice president of treasury, risk and investor relations since 2002.
- Mark Vranesh has been named finance chief at Homejoy, which connects clients with home-service workers. Previously, he was CFO and chief accounting officer at Zynga.
- Robert Milligan has been promoted to CFO, secretary and treasurer at Healthcare Trust of America, effective Sept. 1. He takes over from Kellie Pruitt, who is retiring effective Sept. 30. Milligan is now executive vice president of corporate finance and capital markets.
- Oil and natural-gas company Exco Resources has promoted chief accounting officer Richard Burnett to the top finance spot, effective Sept. 19. He succeeds Mark Mulhern, who has been finance chief since April of last year.
- Yifan Liang has been promoted to lead the finance function at Alpha and Omega Semiconductor.He has been interim CFO and corporate secretary since November, and chief accounting officer since 2006.
- Health Net has appointed James Woys to the posts of chief financial and operating officer and interim treasurer, effective Sept. 2. He replaces Joseph Capezza, who is retiring. Woys has been chief operating officer since November 2007 and was acting CFO from November 2006 until October 2007.
- Retailer Aaron’s has named finance chief Gilbert Danielson interim CEO. He will take over after current CEO Ronald Allen retires on Aug. 31.
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen has chosen William Matt to head finance. He joins the restaurant operator and franchisor from La Senza Global, where he was chief operating officer.
- Independent electric-transmission firm ITC Holdings has named Reiji Hayes to lead the finance function. Hayes, who had been interim CFO, will remain treasurer of the company, a post he has held since he joined the firm in 2012.
- The Madison Square Garden Co. has appointed Sean Creamer to lead the finance function, effective Sept. 1. He takes over for Bob Pollichino, who announced earlier in the year that he would retire. Creamer comes to the company from Arbitron, where he was president and CEO.
- Panera Bread said that finance chief Roger Matthews has resigned. Executive vice chairman Bill Moreton will become interim CFO until a permanent successor for Matthews is found.
- John Mills has been appointed to head finance at Lanyon. He joins the firm from Infogroup, where he was CFO; before that, he was treasurer at Sabre Holdings and CFO of Travelocity.
- FTI Consulting has named David Johnson as its next finance chief, effective Aug. 25. Johnson, currently CFO of Athene Holding, will replace Roger Carlile, who has held the top finance spot at the consultancy since 2011.
© CFO Publishing, LLC 2014. All rights reserved.