- Kim Williams has been selected to lead the finance function at Warner Bros. Entertainment, effective Jan. 15. She will take over from Ed Romano, who has been promoted to vice chairman. Formerly, Williams was finance chief at Core Media Group, CFO of the National Football League and chief operating officer at NFL Network.
- Carlin Adrianopoli has been named interim CFO at RadioShack, replacing another interim finance leader, Holly Etlin. Adrianopoli is a senior managing director in the corporate finance/restructuring practice at FTI Consulting, with which RadioShack has an agreement for advisory and interim managerial services.
- The long-tenured James Gulmi will retire as finance chief at Genesco, effective at the end of the company’s fiscal year on Feb. 1. He will be replaced by Mimi Vaughn, currently senior vice president of strategy and shared services. Gulmi has been at the sports apparel retailer since 1971 and has led the finance function since 1986.
- The Carlyle Group has appointed Curtis Buser finance chief. He has been interim CFO since May.
- Oil and gas company Quicksilver Resources has promoted Vanessa LaGatta to the CFO post, effective Jan. 1. She also will continue in her role as treasurer, which she has performed since 2009.
- Extended Stay America has named Jonathan Halkyard to lead the finance function, effective Jan. 5. Halkyard, who had been chief operating officer, took on the additional role of interim CFO last July following the resignation of Peter Crage.
- Kevin Stout has been promoted to the top finance spot at transportation-management solutions provider Landstar System, effective Dec. 29. He joined the company in 1997 and most recently was vice president of finance and corporate controller.
- Think tank SRI International has chosen Luther Lau to head finance. Lau, who started at the company in 2011, has been acting CFO since March.
- Marketing and advertising firm Rocket Fuel has named Dave Sankaran to the top finance spot. He is a former CEO and CFO of SupportSpace, and before that was CFO of Nighthawk Radiology.
- Radian Group has appointed J. Franklin Hall to lead the finance function, effective Jan. 1. He takes over from C. Robert Quint, who is retiring from that role at the end of the year but will stay on at the mortgage-insurance provider as executive vice president of finance through the end of March. Previously, Hall was finance chief at First Financial Bancorp.
- Retailer The Children’s Place has selected Anurup Pruthi to lead the finance function, effective Dec. 1. Most recently, he headed finance for Reliance Industries.
- Darden Restaurants has announced that CFO Brad Richmond will retire in March, or sooner if his replacement has been named. Richmond has been at the firm for 32 years and has led the finance function for the past 8 years.
© CFO Publishing, LLC 2014. All rights reserved.