Intersections is a quarterly analysis of global merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the transportation & logistics industry. Each edition includes a review of overall deal activity for the quarter and year-to-date, as well as a summary of large deals.
This quarter’s analysis revealed:
- Deal flow was markedly robust during the quarter, with mega deals expected to top the total of such announcements for all of 2011.
- The United States demonstrated surprising strength in both deal volume and values.
- Eurozone deals decreased significantly in the wake of the economic downturn and ongoing sovereign debt issues.
- M&A activity in China has quickly slowed in the face of tighter credit and a deceleration in growth.
- So far in 2012, the vast majority of mega deals have been focused on airports and roads, activity that is contributing to strong deal flow in South America.