About "Power & utilities"
The PwC power and utilities practice provides professional services to power and utilities companies.
More about this author
- FERC Enforcement Report 2014 Highlights
3/16/15 | Power & utilities
In late 2014, FERC's Office of Enforcement (Enforcement) published its annual report summarizing enforcement activities, and detailing the undertakings of the Division of Investigations (DOI), Division of Audits and Accounting (DAA), Division of Energy Market Oversight (Market Oversight) and the Division of Analytics and Surveillance (DAS). PwC's brief highlights selective compliance and audit findings contained within FERC's 2014 Enforcement Report.
- North American power deals: Q4 2014 mergers & acquisitions report
2/10/15 | Power & utilities
The number of deals valued at more than $50 million came in at 22, up from the 14 deals from a year ago. The total value of the deals grew by 68%, and the average value grew by 7%.
- Power and Utilities: 2014 SEC comment letter trends
12/23/14 | Power & utilities
PwC’s Power and Utilities Industry Group has developed this publication to assist management teams in understanding some of the SEC’s current focus areas as well as other financial reporting hot topics.
- Powerful reporting
11/18/14 | Power & utilities
Power and utilities companies are often at the forefront of global sustainability and climate change issues, and are directly affected by the evolving expectations of the communities they serve. As populations become more urbanized and some jurisdictions begin to move towards more renewable energy sources, clear communication becomes even more important. Power and utilities companies need to tell a powerful story to support ongoing investment in their vital but often aging infrastructure.
- North American power deals: Q3 2014 mergers & acquisitions report
11/5/14 | Power & utilities
12 deals valued at more than $50 million came in this quarter, consistent with the 12 quarterly deals a year ago. Total deal value and average deal value increased by 141% each as compared to Q3 2013.
- Asset management: Powering your journey to success
10/14/14 | Power & utilities
More than 20 senior power and utilities (P&U) executives and experts from the US and Canada joined us in May 2014 in Chicago to discuss the challenges they’re facing managing their physical asset portfolios and operations. The group came together at a roundtable to share their approaches to Enterprise Asset Management and to discuss leading practices, challenges and lessons learned Participants were drawn from across the gas and electricity sectors, including generation, storage, transmission, and distribution.
- Financial reporting in the power and utilities industry: International Financial Reporting Standards
6/20/14 | Power & utilities
The move to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is advancing the transparency and comparability of financial statements around the world. Many countries now require companies to prepare their financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Beyond compliance: Creating a new norm in gas pipeline leak management
5/28/14 | Power & utilities
In the new norm, leak survey is no longer viewed simply as a compliance activity—it is integrated with risk assessment, work identification, and investment planning to transform integrity management and enhance pipeline safety.
- Power and Utilities Alert 2014-4: Accounting for rate-regulated activities under IFRS
2/10/14 | Power & utilities
The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) issued International Financial Reporting Standard 14, Regulatory Deferral Accounts (IFRS 14), an interim standard on the accounting for certain balances that arise from rate-regulated activities.
- Spotlight on accounting for power and utilities companies for 2014
2/5/14 | Power & utilities
This document highlights technical accounting and financial reporting topics that are central to the industry and should be on the minds of chief accounting officers and controllers as they establish their plans for 2014.
- Power and Utilities Alert 2014-2: Nuclear waste disposal fees
2/5/14 | Power & utilities
A recent Court of Appeals ruling, and a request by the US Department of Justice, have raised questions about the collection of nuclear waste disposal fees.
- Empowering business agility: Strengthening Internal Audit’s impact and value
2/4/14 | Power & utilities
Findings from the eighth annual survey of power and utilities chief audit executives.
- Power and Utilities Alert 2014-1: Accounting for rate-regulated activities under IFRS
1/16/14 | Power & utilities
The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) continues to advance its rate-regulated activities projects.
- Power and Utilities Alert 2013-9: An industry perspective on the lease accounting proposal
10/1/13 | Power & utilities
How did power and utility companies respond the to the FASB/IASB lease accounting proposal exposure draft? This Power and Utilities Alert highlights the key issues that the revised ED has raised.
- Power and Utilities Alert 2013-8: Alternative financing options for the renewable power industry
10/1/13 | Power & utilities
What regulatory changes would be required for renewable power companies to access financing alternatives such as REITs and MLPs? What are the benefits and the regulatory challenges of each alternative?
- Power and Utilities Alert 2013-7: Accounting for rate-regulated activities under IFRS
8/27/13 | Power & utilities
The IASB’s Consultative Group met in July to discuss responses to the Request for Information (RFI) on the rate regulation project.
- Power and Utilities Alert 2013-6: Accounting for rate-regulated activities under IFRS
4/30/13 | Power & utilities
The IASB issued a Request for Information related to its project on rate-regulated activities, as well an interim standard exposure draft.