About "Financial Services Institute"
The PwC financal services institute provides decision intelligence and trend analysis in all financial services sectors including banking and capital markets, insurance, and asset management.
More about this author
- It takes two to tango: Managing technology risk is now a business priority
6/13/13 | Financial Services Institute
Putting technology risk management on the business agenda today can safeguard and potentially improve business value, brand, and reputation.
- The price isn't right: How to better understand your IT investment and get more out of it
6/5/13 | Financial Services Institute
To achieve their expected ROI, insurers should improve their IT value ecosystem by adopting an integrated framework designed to help them manage their IT investments.
- May the distribution forces be with you: Developing the right P&C insurance distribution strategies for international markets
5/23/13 | Financial Services Institute
Distribution can offer insurers a more secure path to sustainable competitive differentiation because it directly strengthens customer relationships, improving the ability of insurers to both acquire and retain customers.
- Eyes on the prize: Implementing fast, flexible policy administration systems in the P&C insurance sector
4/23/13 | Financial Services Institute
In this publication, we focus on the execution and investigation on how to operationalize these goals through the use of PwC’s Policy Administration Delivery Framework.
- Life insurance is “sold” and not “bought” – for how long? A perspective on direct-to-consumer life insurance
2/14/13 | Financial Services Institute
After decades of relying on agency distribution, life insurers are unprepared to keep up with changing consumer buying habits and behaviors. The number of life insurance agents continues to decline as more consumers turn to the Web for insurance. Insurers must adapt their go-to-market strategies toward direct distribution or risk losing market share.
- An unsettled world: The changing world of cash equities and fixed income and how it is impacting asset managers and their service providers
1/10/13 | Financial Services Institute
The financial crisis and new capital and regulatory rules have forced asset managers to reduce fees and have increased the challenges for sell-side firms participating in the cash equities and fixed income execution to custody value chain. Find out how firms are changing their business models to adapt to these market changes.
- Rebooting the branch: Reinventing branch banking in a multi-channel, global environment
12/5/12 | Financial Services Institute
The rise of the digital consumer and the high-cost infrastructure of physical banking locations are leading to a declining ROI for branches. Evolving the branch network to align with changing consumer and economic realities can help banks boost ROI and position themselves for the future.
- Game on: How information is changing the rules of insurance
11/27/12 | Financial Services Institute
Gaining an Information Advantage is no longer about generating insights. It is about making effective, efficient decisions and integrating information into everyday operations.
- Too important to fail: Insurance company enterprise risk and capital management capabilities
9/28/12 | Financial Services Institute
Regulatory changes present an opportunity for property and casualty (P&C) and life insurance companies to reexamine and risk management strategies, processes, and infrastructures for measuring performance and analyzing risk.
- Missing the forest for the trees? Adapting underwriting intensity to boost insurance property and casualty sales
8/30/12 | Financial Services Institute
Missing the forest for the trees? Adapting underwriting intensity to boost insurance property and casualty sales
- Deal or no deal: Methods, processes, and models for the new M&A environment
6/20/12 | Financial Services Institute
Consolidation in banking, insurance, and asset management impact profitability and drive the need for scale while economic risk is high. Alternative approaches are available for buyers and sellers in all deal environments.
- Grow a tree for ten years; grow men for a hundred: How private banks can nurture human talent to prosper in China
6/7/12 | Financial Services Institute
For private banks in China, managing and deploying talent causes retention problems and increases the demand for outside hiring of both experienced and entry-level talent. The ability for private banks in China to expand their client base depends in part on an organization's flexibility to meet differing client needs based on demographics, wealth tier, and preferences. Equally important is developing a team-based approach to building relationships with heirs and building close relationships with the next generation.
- 2012: The revenue is not coming back: It's time to manage costs differently
5/23/12 | Financial Services Institute
Traditional revenue generators are not growing to overcome new capital and regulatory requirements. Financial institutions are implementing continuous expense management programs to focus on efficiency in budgeting and reporting systems.
- Gaps in the Apps: Why the Traditional Security Lifecycle No Longer Works
4/3/12 | Financial Services Institute
As banks race to develop mobile banking apps that satisfy consumer demands, how can they guard against the security breaches that could damage their reputation and prompt customers to flee?
- The Price of Success: Aligning Pricing with the Customer Value Proposition
3/13/12 | Financial Services Institute
Banks should replace traditional pricing with data driven approach that includes customers' needs, preferences, behaviors, purchasing patterns, and price sensitivity.
- Projects Without Borders: It's All About the Execution
1/22/12 | Financial Services Institute
Financial institutions must expand their services to global markets to survive. As banks are making plans to globalize, many fail due to poor project execution.
- Time for an Upgrade: Five Things You Need to Know to Make Your Commercial Lending Transformation a Success
1/19/12 | Financial Services Institute
Regulatory, market, and operational needs impact commercial lending processes and systems. Banks should focus on data strategy.