About "Financial Services Institute"
The PwC financal services institute provides decision intelligence and trend analysis in all financial services sectors including banking and capital markets, insurance, and asset management.
More about this author
- Making a statement: Transforming insurance billing to gain a competitive edge
2/18/14 | Financial Services Institute
Leading insurers approach the billing process strategically, viewing it as an opportunity to improve the customer experience and build loyalty.
- Return to spender: How financial institutions can better understand their IT investments and get more out of them.
1/21/14 | Financial Services Institute
Financial institutions have spent heavily to improve their technology capabilities but are still left questioning the value they are getting from IT.
- Where have you been all my life? How the financial services industry can unlock the value in Big Data
11/11/13 | Financial Services Institute
Rapidly accessing and processing increasingly large volumes of data derived from various sources is a major challenge for financial institutions. What makes Big Data different from traditional data management?
- Significant others: How financial institutions can effectively manage the risks of third-party relationships
9/24/13 | Financial Services Institute
Security incidents at financial institutions attributed to partners and vendors rose to 18% in 2012. Although improvements to strengthen third-party risk management (TPRM) have been made, PwC has found that most institutions still need to apply a risk-based approach to their vendor reviews.
- Let’s make a difference: Managing compliance and operational risk in the new environment
8/30/13 | Financial Services Institute
How can banks manage compliance and operational risk in a changing regulatory landscape?
- The right stuff: How financial services institutions can use talent assessments to improve returns on human capital
7/24/13 | Financial Services Institute
With a shortage of the right and available talent in the financial services industry, institutions need to implement strategic talent decisions to fill the gaps and meet business goals.
- Clouds in the forecast: Cloud - necessary component of data center consolidation and IT agility
7/11/13 | Financial Services Institute
The cloud environment has the potential to propel IT agility to new heights and fulfil the role of technology as a strategic enabler.
- It takes two to tango: Managing technology risk is now a business priority
6/13/13 | Financial Services Institute
Putting technology risk management on the business agenda today can safeguard and potentially improve business value, brand, and reputation.
- The price isn't right: How to better understand your IT investment and get more out of it
6/5/13 | Financial Services Institute
To achieve their expected ROI, insurers should improve their IT value ecosystem by adopting an integrated framework designed to help them manage their IT investments.
- May the distribution forces be with you: Developing the right P&C insurance distribution strategies for international markets
5/23/13 | Financial Services Institute
Distribution can offer insurers a more secure path to sustainable competitive differentiation because it directly strengthens customer relationships, improving the ability of insurers to both acquire and retain customers.
- Eyes on the prize: Implementing fast, flexible policy administration systems in the P&C insurance sector
4/23/13 | Financial Services Institute
In this publication, we focus on the execution and investigation on how to operationalize these goals through the use of PwC’s Policy Administration Delivery Framework.
- Life insurance is “sold” and not “bought” – for how long? A perspective on direct-to-consumer life insurance
2/14/13 | Financial Services Institute
After decades of relying on agency distribution, life insurers are unprepared to keep up with changing consumer buying habits and behaviors. The number of life insurance agents continues to decline as more consumers turn to the Web for insurance. Insurers must adapt their go-to-market strategies toward direct distribution or risk losing market share.
- Rebooting the branch: Reinventing branch banking in a multi-channel, global environment
12/5/12 | Financial Services Institute
The rise of the digital consumer and the high-cost infrastructure of physical banking locations are leading to a declining ROI for branches. Evolving the branch network to align with changing consumer and economic realities can help banks boost ROI and position themselves for the future.