Our US Advisory practice has experienced significant growth over the past few years—we have taken on new clients and increased revenue, onboarded record setting new hire classes (campus and experienced) and executed a number of strategic acquisitions including welcoming Strategy& (formerly Booz & Company) to the PwC network. A significant component of our growth strategy includes growing and developing our people—highlights include:
- 35+ analyst rankings (Gartner, IDC, Kennedy & Forrester) name us as a leader.
- Universum ranked PwC #14 of the most ideal MBA employers!
As a result, we have become one of the world's top consulting organizations giving our practitioners tremendous development and advancement opportunities.
Where do you fit in?
Management Consulting - As a member of our Management Consulting team you will provide innovative solutions and help clients with their business strategy, operations, supply chain and logistics, sales and marketing, customer experience, people and change, finance organizations, and more.
Risk Consulting - As a member of our Risk Consulting team you will help clients manage small and large threats to their business by identifying risks to the enterprise, implementing systems and processes, and responding to crises.
Technology consulting - As a member of our Technology Consulting team you will explore innovative ways to help clients transform their business through technology such as cloud computing, extracting value from enterprise data, and securing intellectual property and systems from cyber-attacks.
Across industries, we help clients improve business performance, effectively manage crisis situations and add value from strategy through execution. Advisory has three main areas of focus: Consulting, Deals and Forensic Services. Within Consulting, our industries include:
Consumer Industrial Products & Services (CIPS) - Sectors: Automotive, Energy, Industrial Products, Retail & Consumer, Power & Utilities. Learn more.
Financial Services - Sectors: Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Asset Management. Learn more.
Health Industries - Sectors: Health Services (Payer/Provider), Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences (Suppliers), Innovators/New Entrants. Learn more.
Public Sector - Sectors: Homeland Security & Law Enforcement, National Security, Public Sector Health and Benefits, Public Sector Financial Services, Science & Infrastructure. Learn more.
Technology, Information, Communications and Entertainment media (TICE) - Sectors: Entertainment, Media & Communications (EMC), Technology. Learn more.
At PwC, we help companies build their next competitive advantage. Due to the quality, depth, and breadth of our services, our client relationships span companies ranging from the largest global multinationals to small and medium-sized enterprises.
During the past year, 56% of Global Fortune 500 companies have been our PwC Advisory clients. We also have clients based in almost every country in the world, each with its own business issues and opportunities.
We partner with our clients to improve business processes, transform their organizations and implement technologies needed to run their business. Major analyst organizations recognize our strength in helping our clients grow - check out recent analyst comments.
Opportunities for Associates
Full-time Associate Opportunities
As an Associate you will be provided with continuous growth and development opportunities through your day-to-day work, coaching and mentoring, networking, business development, and formal training tailored to your needs and career growth. We offer a competitive total rewards package, the ability to contribute to business development and thought leadership. As well as encourage community involvement through a variety of corporate responsibility initiatives.
We offer our new hires:
- Opportunities to service clients within various industry verticals.
- Continuous growth and development opportunities through your day-to-day work, coaching and mentoring, networking, and formal training tailored to your needs and career growth.
- Opportunities to give back to the community through a variety of corporate responsibility initiatives.
- Leadership opportunities through National and Market Advisory Staff Council.
- Competitive total rewards package combining base salary, sign on bonus and financial and non-financial benefits. Ability to contribute to business development and thought leadership.
The Advisory Academy is designed to develop our Associates and Experienced Associates into well-rounded consultants and future leaders. The Academy experience includes exposure to practice leaders, opportunities to take on leadership roles, community participation, formal training, experiential learning and diverse engagements—all contributing to leadership, professional, and technical skill development. The Academy provides a platform to empower our Associates and Experienced Associates to develop, build relationships and gain exposure to leaders at an early stage in their careers.
Advance Internship Experience
Advisory’s Advance Internship offers unique opportunity to apply your work and academic experience and help our clients address their most interesting and complex business issues and opportunities from strategy through execution. The intern experience exposes you to a global network and develops innovative business solutions for clients across a wide array of industries. You will be immersed in a learning culture where you will receive training and development opportunities that will deepen your skills, expand your network and accelerate your path to manager.
After you accept your internship offer you will also have the opportunity to apply for one of our internship enrichment experiences including Project Belize, International Internship or our US Leadership Team job shadow program. Speak with your Advisory recruiter to learn more about these opportunities.
Recruitment and Interview process
During our recruiting process, you’ll get to know more about us, and we’ll get to know more about you. We’ll discuss your vision for your career path and the ways you can apply your academic and professional experiences to help our clients address interesting and complex business issues
Our process is simple:
- Application: During the application process, you will initially select one of the following:
- Management Consulting
- Risk Consulting
- Technology Consulting
- IT Security, Privacy & Risk
- Public Sector Practice
- On-campus interviews: Students take part in one 30 minute behavioral interview on campus to assess overall fit and competency strengths. Your school recruiter will be your primary point of contact for on campus interviews.
- In-office interviews: In office interviews consist of three 30 minute interviews, two behavioral and one case interview. You will have a business recruiter as a primary point of contact throughout this final round of the interview process.
What to expect after the interview:
- We aim to provide you with an offer decision within one week of final round interview.
- After you accept your location and horizontal specific offer, you will be sent a preference form where you will rank your industry and competency interest. This process takes place in late Spring.
- The staffing and demand teams will then align you to a vertical and competency based on your preferences and business needs.
Learning at PwC
Learning and Development
As part of PwC Advisory, you will be part of a coaching culture where teams are committed to your development and success. In addition to on-the-job learning opportunities, PwC also offers a robust learning curriculum. We are ranked #1 in Training magazine’s “Training Top 125” companies for learning and education. We recognize that continuous growth and development opportunities are essential for career progression and personal fulfillment, especially in the professional services business. We must stay ahead of the market to continue to be relevant, provide value, and deliver the quality expected of our brand.
The process of joining a new organization can be filled with both excitement and apprehension. However, the PwC Advisory onboarding experience (Advisory-Start) provides new joiners with the baseline knowledge and core consulting skills necessary for long-term success as a business consultant. Our Advisory-Start program is designed to:
- Introduce Advisory's structure and go-to-market strategy
- Address key topics needed to fulfill job responsibilities
- Orient new joiners to the specific tools and methodologies leveraged by Advisory practitioners
- Clarify role expectations
- Facilitate networking
Advisory’s Graduated Curriculum provides a structured approach to your formal learning. Our learning curriculum will help you develop skills across core consulting and technical areas, and are tailored to varying proficiency levels. Additionally, both virtual and classroom training is always available to help you progress in your career and better serve your clients.
At PwC, we take the time to celebrate the success of our people. Promotions are major events in the span of your career with PwC. We celebrate these special turning points with level based Milestone conferences which provide opportunities to network with your peers, interact with Advisory leadership, and get you the information you need to be successful at the next level of your career. Milestone conferences are an important component of our Learning & Development strategy.