We offer a comprehensive, flexible, and market-competitive benefits program. Our benefits package reflects the diversity and mobility that make PwC unique. It provides access to programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs and goals of our staff and their families. The benefits program also reflects our philosophy of shared responsibility. PwC pays the full cost of some benefits. For other benefits, our employees share the cost with the firm. For certain other coverage, our staff pay the full cost. In addition, some benefits have service requirements that must be met before benefits are available.
The PwC benefits program currently includes the following for eligible professionals:
Ten paid holidays each year.
- Full-time staff (other than management level) accrue 15 workdays per year; after two years of service, full time staff accrue 22 workdays per year
- Full-time management-level staff accrue 22 workdays per year
- Part-time benefits eligible staff accrue vacation time on a pro-rata basis
Health care coverage
- PwC offers you the choice of three medical plans through UnitedHealthcare. Each plan provides the flexibility to access both network and non-network doctors and facilities. The premiums, deductibles and coinsurance vary depending on the plan. Preventive care is covered at 100% with network doctors in all three plans. In addition, a tax-efficient Health Savings Account is available with two of the plan options.
- Prescription drug benefits and physical exams are available through PwC's UnitedHealthcare medical plan options.
- Vision care coverage enables you to obtain services and purchase eyeglasses and lenses at reduced rates from more than 60,000 providers nationwide.
- The dental plan covers services ranging from diagnostic and preventive care to orthodontia treatment — all available from your choice of providers.
Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
You may contribute up to $2,500 per year tax free to the health care account and up to $5,000 per year tax free to the dependent care account. Then, get reimbursed tax-free from your account(s) for eligible uncovered health care/dependent care expenses.
Family and personal sick days
You may generally continue receiving your full salary when absent from work for five or fewer consecutive days due to illness, injury or medical treatment, or to care for a member of your immediate family.
Adoption assistance program
You may receive reimbursement of up to $5,000 for adoption-related expenses (up to $6,000 for a special-needs child).
Nursing Moms' Program
Access to educational materials and pre/post-birth counseling from nationally recognized lactation specialists are available through this program. Private mothers' rooms are also available in many of our offices.
Parental leave of absence
Eligible primary care parents with three months of service can use six weeks of paid parental leave (or eight weeks for multiple birth/adoption) during the year following birth or adoption placement. (Three weeks for non-primary care parents.) This is in addition to paid adoption leave (see below) or in addition to maternity disability benefits, if applicable, for approximately eight weeks. Paid parental leave runs concurrently with any job-protected time under family and medical leave.
Paid adoption leave
A "primary care parent" receives paid leave for up to six weeks following the adoption placement of a child, plus parental leave as described above.
This resource provides information, confidential assessments, and referrals on issues ranging from emotional well-being, financial problems, parenting and child care, to resources for seniors, and much more.
Emergency backup care reimbursement program
You may receive a monetary reimbursement for emergency child or elder care through this program.
Emergency backup childcare centers
When your regular child care arrangement is not available, access to backup childcare centers is available in various cities throughout the country.
International SOS program
This emergency medical, security, and medically-related travel aid service assists staff who are traveling internationally on firm business or who are living and working overseas.
- The firm will help client service staff obtain professional designation(s) appropriate to their discipline by providing study support and/or paying for all or a portion of the cost of preparation courses for professional examinations through the Professional Certification Expenses program.
- The Educational Support Program generally provides staff with educational support of up to $5,250 (non-taxable) per calendar year to further their education through the pursuit of a relevant degree or the CPA 150 credit hour requirement.
- Through the Matching Gift Program the PwC Foundation will match your gift ($50 minimum) to qualified colleges or universities, up to a maximum of $10,000 per fiscal year.
Five-year service recognition program
In celebration of career milestones, the firm recognizes individual staff members with a gift for every fifth year of service.
Well-Being Rewards Program
PwC's Well-Being Rewards Program offers financial incentives for engaging in a wide range of healthy and responsible behaviors and activities that ultimately may lead to improving your long-term well-being. Examples of qualifying behaviors include yoga, running and weight lifting, as well as recycling and volunteering, to name a few. Participation can be fun and financially rewarding—giving you the opportunity to redeem points for gift cards to some of your favorite retailers, or to make a donation to charity.
Commuter Benefits Program
The Commuter Benefits Program provides you with a tax-effective way to pay for eligible commuting expenses, such as parking costs and bus, train or subway fare.
We offer a comprehensive, flexible, and market-competitive benefits program. Our benefits package reflects the diversity and mobility that make PwC unique. It provides access to programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs and goals of our partners, staff and their families. The benefits program also reflects our philosophy of shared responsibility. PwC pays the full cost of some benefits. For other benefits, our professionals share the cost with the firm. For certain other coverage, our partners and staff pay the full cost. In addition, some benefits have service requirements that must be met before benefits are available.
The PwC benefits program currently includes the following for eligible professionals:
Life and accident insurance
- Basic Group Term Life Insurance pays $20,000 to your beneficiary(ies) if you die.
- You may purchase Supplemental Life Insurance for yourself—from one to 10 times your salary. Dependent Life Insurance for your spouse/domestic partner (from $25,000 to $300,000 of coverage) and for your children ($5,000 or $10,000) is available if you choose coverage for yourself.
- Personal Liability Umbrella Insurance is available to managing directors, directors and senior managers. It provides comprehensive catastrophic liability coverage over and above certain limits of the bodily injury and property damage liability insurance the firm requires.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance for you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children is available. AD&D pays benefits in the event you (or your spouse/domestic partner or children) are seriously injured in or die from an accident.
- Business Travel Accident Insurance coverage of $400,000 is provided at no cost and pays a benefit if you die or are seriously injured while traveling on firm-approved business or while commuting to or from work.
This program can help you with a new mortgage, refinancing an existing mortgage and other home equity products.
Property and casualty insurance program
You may purchase group auto, home, boat, renters, condo, motorcycle, motor home insurance and more—payable through convenient payroll deductions.
Retirement and savings plans
- Save from 1% to 100% of eligible compensation on a pre- and/or post-tax basis in the 401(k) Savings Plan (if you are at least 21 years old; IRS limits apply). The firm offers a matching contribution on the first 6% of pay saved.
- Eligible staff are automatically enrolled in the Retirement Wealth Builder Plan (Wealth Builder) on their date of hire. The Wealth Builder contribution is funded completely by PwC, and the contribution formula is linked to participants' job levels and in some cases, benefits service with the US firm. New hires also receive a one-time Wealth Builder bonus contribution to jump start their retirement savings.
- Through the Short-Term Disability (STD) Plan, you may receive STD benefits equivalent to 60% to 100% of your salary for up to 26 weeks if you have at least three months service and become disabled.
- You may elect Long-Term Disability Plan coverage paying 60% (untaxed) of your base salary (up to $600,000); benefit payments start after 26 weeks of a covered disability, which are generally covered under the STD plan.
Student loan program
This program provides a wide range of education-financing options, including loans for private K-12 schools, undergraduate and graduate studies, technical and professional training, and education loan consolidation.
Group legal plan
You have access to a national network of more than 10,000 attorneys and you may receive fully covered legal services when you participate in this program.
It takes extraordinary people to make an extraordinary firm like PwC. We offer the opportunity for our people to grow their careers while working on exciting assignments with outstanding clients alongside the brightest minds in our profession. Our environment is stimulating, collegial, and provides our people the foundation for a lifetime of opportunity.
For us to deliver quality service and value to our clients—what we call the PwC Experience—we need our people to have a similar experience here at the firm. Part of that experience is recognizing and rewarding staff performance in innovative and competitive ways. Career satisfaction is focused on more than money—it’s also about having great client opportunities, learning and developing, building relationships, and being recognized for your accomplishments. But most of all, it’s about feeling supported as you strive to achieve your own goals and grow your career.
We recently implemented innovative and inspiring ways to reward our people and we've changed the way we talk with our people about pay. We think you'll find our rewards strategy and our other benefits rather exciting. PwC’s innovative rewards strategy includes the following for eligible professionals:
Transparency around compensation and earnings potential
We provide information around how compensation is determined, who we compare ourselves against in the market, and how we use reliable salary data to make compensation decisions. We share individual salary ranges with our staff and talk about where each staff fits within that range and why. We discuss and provide details on what our staff's earning potential can be over the course of a career at PwC.
Recognition of contributions with an enhanced and transparent performance bonus plan
Our performance bonus plan is based on firm, line of service, and individual performance. We provide quarterly updates on business progress against goals and how that progress will affect the bonus pool. We provide staff with more predictability on individual bonuses, while distinguishing our high performers.
Recognition of career achievement and commitment through milestone awards
We recognize our people as their careers progress for their contributions,and loyalty by milestone awards. Through these awards, we celebrate success and achievements with extraordinary opportunities for personal and professional growth and rewards. Each award has been specifically tailored to suit the milestone it celebrates, and takes into consideration what people may value most at that phase of their career:
- New Experienced Associate title: To recognize the significant learning and experience our first year staff gain, we created a new title that recognizes this distinction and the increased responsibilities Associates take on in their second year.
- Promotion to senior associate: All new seniors attend a unique week-long Leadership Development Experience that will help them develop personal leadership skills, build their network, and focus on their future, both personally and professionally.
- Promotion to manager: New managers receive an additional monetary award, over and above the normal year-end award, of their first year's base salary. This bonus recognizes the contributions our new managers make over their career, and their potential for further contributions in the years to come.
- Promotion to senior manager/director: Upon promotion to senior manager/director, we award a four-week sabbatical, enabling our people to use the time as they desire. We expect that sabbaticals will be used as time off to do many different things: spend time with family and friends; get involved with charities; or develop skills that will help them further meet their career goals.
Enhanced developmental and career planning
Our partners and coaches have robust, focused developmental conversations with their people. These conversations include discussions around your potential for growth, the experiences you want to obtain, how you define success, and how we can work together to help you achieve it.
Enhanced work/life flexibility
We challenge ourselves to increase work/life flexibility and to help our people achieve what they want want in their work and personal life. One way we do this is by continuing to assess opportunities for firmwide extended holidays. For example, this past July 4th weekend, we announced an additional day off recognizing that firmwide breaks are consistently hailed as the best way to "shut down" and relax.