Get to know Brett Hickman
Partner, Capital projects & infrastructure
Tel: +1 (312) 298 6104
Brett Hickman’s 19-plus years of experience in the healthcare industry includes the following experience with hospitals, academic medical centers and physicians:
- Extensive experience in clinical service line planning, including certificate of need design and business case development for emergency departments, open heart, PAMI, imaging modalities, ASCs, ORs, strategy, implementation and operations of outpatient facilities, “aligned incentives” between hospitals and physicians, in ASC facility accreditation, licensure and certification, provider, hospital entity valuations, corporate (for-profit and not-for-profit) taxation, healthcare entity transaction valuations, healthcare entity financial and operations turnarounds, including divestures, merger and acquisition opportunities for physicians with their base hospitals, other physician practices and public companies, NCQA, JACHO, AAAHC approved credentialing plans for all types of organizations.
- Design, development and implementation of inpatient and outpatient centers of excellence, surgery centers, diagnostic facilities and specialty hospitals. This includes cardiac and vascular programs, orthopedic and neuroscience programs, radiation and chemotherapy oncology, cardiovascular, freestanding imaging centers and radiology departments, women’s health and heart hospital facilities/operations for academic medical centers, physicians and major health systems.
- Campus and system planning with strategic planning, functional programming, and master site and facility planning for health care systems, strategic-based functional programming and site and facility planning for urban and rural hospitals, and strategic, program, and functional/space planning for replacement hospitals for community acute care services and state mental health services.
- Capital and finance planning for hospitals and health systems. This includes system-wide planning and targeted planning for inpatient, outpatient and freestanding specialty projects.
- National research and design of care delivery models for CHF, AMI, and CAD. This includes emergency room management, pre-hospital diagnosis and door-to-balloon access.