Delivering cost effective technology & operations to the business
Businesses and IT divide
Dave Edelheit discusses why banks should review their IT strategy in the context of their business objectives.
Banks are under pressure to manage costs while maintaining robust systems and operations able to operate within a tightened risk management environment. There is a need to respond to disruptive innovation in the Financial Services sector. The IT organization also needs to support growth and respond to the emerging “customer centric” world versus the traditional “product centric” view. CIO’s and COO’s need to develop more flexible yet sophisticated business operations and risk management systems/capabilities while managing costs that allow them to strengthen their competitive positions.
We help clients use IT to create sustainable business advantage by setting the course through IT strategy definition, business case, enterprise architecture development, and organization design, driving business and IT transformation through strategic leadership and adoption of innovative technology solutions, and optimizing IT operations and infrastructure investments through integration of automated processes and tools.
Our areas of expertise:
- Achieving IT excellence and creating sustainable business advantage by:
- Setting the course through IT strategy definition, business case and enterprise architecture development and organization design
- Driving business and IT transformation through strategic leadership and adoption of innovative technology solutions, including benchmarking and vendor assessment and design
- Transfer Pricing
- Optimizing IT operations and infrastructure investments through integration of automated processes and tools
- Providing improved business capabilities through accelerated application development, enhanced quality management and modern system integration approaches (SOA and BPM)
- Sourcing and Offshore Management Advisory: assist clients with sourcing solutions/options and human capital decisions
- Wealth Management: assist clients with process and technology
- Impact of derivatives on operational infrastructure
- Cost Cutting: optimizing capital usage and investments
- Strategy and platform development for new payments platforms
Featured thought leadership and related resources: