The right stuff: How financial services institutions can use talent assessments to improve returns on human capital
In this video, Bhushan Sethi and Suyoung Sebastian discuss how financial institutions can implement strategic talent decisions to meet business goals.
Talent is now an integral part of strategic planning, tied to business plans and growth targets. More than half of US CEOs are planning to hire this year. The challenge is in finding and retaining the right mix of people as companies cope with an acute skills mismatch problem: talent shortages amid high unemployment.
Financial institutions operating models are changing and adapting to the new realities arising from regulatory reform, capital requirements, economic uncertainty, and evolving customer requirements. This puts a premium not just on individual talent but on the organization as a whole, to develop effective human capital strategies in order to be more competitive.
PwC’s dedicated group of professionals focused on the FS Human Capital area assist in addressing client issues such as regulatory driven change, risk management, growth, investor credibility, cost and productivity.
Our areas of expertise:
- HR Transaction services: M&A assistance from pre-bid due diligence to post merger integration
- Organization strategies: Operating model diagnostics, re-design, workforce planning and transition strategies
- Supporting strategic change: Leadership alignment, change strategy & planning, change readiness assessments, communications strategy & planning, training, technology & regulatory adoption
- Talent Management: Workforce optimization & performance, workforce analytics, talent management lifecycles, succession planning, knowledge management and diversity planning
- Compensation: Strategy, design & risk assessment, competitive pay analysis, incentive benchmarking, tax & accounting efficiency planning, director compensation
- Health & Welfare Benefit Services: Plan design, vendor analysis/selection, actuarial analysis, valuations, post retirement programs
- Retirement Benefit Services
- HR Transformation: Organizational design, service delivery, HR technology, vendor selection and management, HRO/BPO transition guidance
- Saratoga: Workforce measurement and diagnosis, customized dashboards, benefits cost benchmarking, employee engagement and exit surveys, onboarding surveys
- International Assignment Services: Planning & tax compliance, global equity planning, risk management, mobility consulting/policy design, technology, new locations due diligence and planning
Featured thought leadership and related resources: