Tools and resources
PwC develops and employs leading-edge technology tools and resources to help you improve your business. A representative list of these tools and resources includes the following, some of which are available to our clients on a subscription basis.
makes it easy for senior financial executives to stay connected with PwC. CFOdirect provides technical accounting updates, PwC analysis, and the latest news in the financial world. Once registered, members receive our popular weekly "What's new" email, featuring the top stories of the week, hand-picked by our editorial team. In addition, members can opt to receive Breaking news alerts. By providing these insights, CFOdirect Network can enhance your ability to anticipate and respond to changing business conditions and financial accounting rules.
How to access CFOdirect
- PwC insight - this section of CFOdirect features only PwC-authored documents, sorted by topic area, type of document, or job function. This area also includes editor's picks so that you can get the most current PwC insights, at a glance.
- What’s new on CFOdirect newsletter – Delivered every week, this newsletter highlights our editor’s picks of the best new content added to CFOdirect in the last week. Coupled with the "Breaking news" newsletter, you get reliable, targeted updates on the latest in the accounting and finance world.
- Industry focus - this section provides coverage of many industry groups. Here members can find all of PwC's content relevant to a particular industry, as well as the latest news in that industry.
- Events & webcasts - in our News & resources section, navigate to our Webcasts section to find a listing of PwC webcasts, with descriptions and registration information. Also, go to Events to view a listing of PwC webcasts, events, non-PwC events and meetings to stay on top in the latest happenings in business and finance.
- Customizable home page – From your home page you have the ability to display the accounting, business and industry content that is of most interest to you with a click of a button. By customizing your home page, you can access summaries on the latest news in the areas of finance, business and financial reporting, with links to in-depth features.
- Hot topics – Driven by the content our members request and look for the most, we developed a section that is a one-stop-shop for access to all CFOdirect content relating to a “hot” financial reporting or business topic.
- My library – Add CFOdirect articles of interest directly to your personal library on our web site. Then visit the My Library section anytime to see the items you have added.
- Simply visit www.cfodirect.com and click on the "register now" link in the upper right hand corner of the home page
- PwC staff: to sign up a client for CFOdirect, log in to the site with your GUID id and password, and look for the link in the bottom right of the page entitled "Pre-register your clients and targets".
is a web-based research tool that provides immediate access to all current auditing, accounting, regulatory, and financial reporting standards and other relevant reference material. Comperio, licensed to external users and used by over 1,500 companies around the world on a daily basis, gives you access to the same PwC interpretive guidance our own professional audit staff uses. Comperio can help you:
Extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL)
- Navigate IFRS and US GAAP financial reporting requirements using one accounting research tool.
- Research content that covers the FASB, EITF, AICPA, IASB, IFAC, PCAOB, SEC, FASAB and GASB, as well as the requirements of eight key countries from around the world.
- a revolution in straight through reporting, PwC has taken a leadership role in developing XBRL, the internet-based language for preparing, publishing, exchanging, and analyzing financial statement information online. Straight through reporting via XBRL web services adds value to your company by letting your current and future business information technology systems share information. XBRL can help you have:
Other Audit and Assurance services include:
- More time for analysis and decision making
- Increased information reliability for greater confidence in analysis
- Cheaper, more efficient reporting process
- Faster turnaround between events and decisions