Consulting case studies

Jan 01, 2014

Zero to sixty in Fusion Talent Management

Developing best practices in talent management in a 13-week engagement.

Client challenge

A global leader in high performance computing (HPC), under new executive leadership, discovered a discrepancy between individual employee performance and overall organizational performance.

The existing individual annual performance rating system included a two-fold measurement approach: a 75 percent weighted basis on competencies, and the remaining 25 percent for setting and meeting goals for the year. The company did not emphasize goal setting, so there was no way to accurately measure whether an employee met his or her goals throughout the year.

View more

PwC's solution

The company engaged PwC to help it redesign its current process, as well as implement a new talent management solution. To meet the CEO’s timeline, we recommended a 13- week approach for the implementation, which included go-live production support efforts. While the typical design methods were simplified for this mid-market company, their needs and requirements were met by utilizing most of the system’s seeded functionality. 

View more

Impact on client's business

The implementation was successful, and the production environment went live on schedule. Employees were able to set annual goals early enough so that they were incorporated into their review. As a result of the project, the annual review process was redesigned so that the emphasis on goals was increased from 25 percent of the calculation to 75 percent, and the individual’s competencies were reduced from 75 percent to 25 percent.

View more

"The Oracle Fusion HCM Talent Management suite (Fusion) was selected as the tool set that best addressed the needs of the company..."


Related business issues

Transform human capital

Contact us

Jeff Hesse
US Consulting Leader, People and Organization
Tel: +1 (312) 298 6881

Follow us