To scale the expertise of a small-yet-mighty social media team across a large global organization.
How to spread “tribal” knowledge from a small group of individuals to a much larger, more dispersed set of global practitioners?
- Different regional approaches were creating a fractured brand approach.
- Growing pressure for global markets to reap ROI on social media efforts.
A “community of practice” approach:
- Leverage value from already existing knowledge within the company
- Share leading practices
- Co-create similar but varied standards across divergent locales
- Utilize the right technology platforms to enable global collaboration.
Impact on client's business
- A robust and thriving community of practice around the globe.
- A global social media playbook and a social media training curriculum.
- New momentum for social media innovation that has fueled greater response from customers.
- Measurable global standards that focus on creating meaningful relationships with fans (not just “likes”)