Download our FREE 10Minutes App
Experience the popular 10Minutes series on your iPad and iPhone with enhanced multimedia and more in-depth detail on each topic.
Our featured topics are: (* Available for iPad only)
- Whistleblower reform — highlights the importance of having a strong corporate compliance culture at the workplace.
- Shaping the boardroom agenda — outlines how boards are working to improve their oversight while adapting to an ever-changing governance environment.
- Effective Audit Committees — discusses leading practices that can help audit committees continue to improve as effective overseers of their companies' delivery of quality financial statements.
- Boardroom agenda — discusses how corporate directors are focusing on increasing their effectiveness in the boardroom. Three key areas are executive compensation, risk management, and succession planning.
Innovation & technology
- Transforming the tax function — explores how shining a light on the tax group can reveal untapped opportunities where changes in technology, process, people, and data can lead to benefits for the broader business.
- Medical innovation — discusses how smaller, cheaper advances may spark a new era of medical innovation--and developing economies may lead the way.
- The cloud — discusses how the cloud is changing the ability and speed in which companies deliver solutions
- Strategic supply chain management — discusses things you can do to manage your supply chain as a strategic asset to boost performance and profitability.
- Demand chain — explores ways companies can create customer interaction, efficiency, and growth with a demand chain that embraces innovation and aligns with the supply chain.
- Global Business Services — discusses how to achieve goals like greater organizational flexibility, scalability, and innovation—along with requisite cost reductions—and move beyond shared services and outsourcing to a Global Business Services (GBS) model.
- Supply chain flexibility — explores strategies companies can deploy to make their supply chains more agile and adaptable.
- Conflict minerals — provides insight into the strategic benefits and risks companies will want to focus on as they comply with the SEC's conflict minerals rule.
- Derivatives reform for non-financial services companies * — provides insight on the impacts of new regulation on corporate entities and what those entities need to do now in order to meet impending reform deadlines and ensure they're well equipped to manage increased costs and compliance responsibilities.
- Revenue recognition — The FASB and IASB are currently in the process of replacing the existing revenue guidance with a new global accounting standard that will apply to all revenue transactions, regardless of industry. This 10Minutes provides a preview of the proposed changes and their implications.
- The COSO Update — provides an overview of the benefits of conducting a review of your systems of internal control with the COSO Update to help refresh your controls for today's environment.
- Service provider transparency — discusses how SOC 2 and SOC 3 reports can give businesses the picture they need to have solid confidence in their service providers.
- Business continuity management — discusses measures to help prepare your business to survive a catastrophic event that is either man-made or natural, either a one-time or longer-term event, like a pandemic outbreak, or a significant disruption at a critical supplier.
- Changing corruption risks — shares eight questions to help business leaders and corporate directors better understand the corruption risk landscape and more, to prioritize their company's response, to direct to their operational teams.
- Cybersecurity — discusses why cybersecurity is more than an IT challenge—it’s a business imperative.
Strategy & growth
- Drug value — discusses how the new health ecosystem is causing pharmaceutical makers to look at new partnerships and payment approaches, among other strategies, to cement their place.
- Healthcare in China — discusses opportunities that private and foreign providers, payers, and investors can adopt to build a presence in China's growing healthcare market.
- Customer-centered organization — shares strategies for a company to consider the customer in everything it does, from product and service development to the entire customer experience.
- Remaking of utilities — discusses several factors for utilities companies to consider when reshaping themselves to a customer-focused model.
- US manufacturing resurgence — explores the question "Is the US experiencing a cyclical, post-recession recovery, or are we in the early stages of a manufacturing renaissance?" While the answer to that question will only be revealed over time, manufacturing companies have plenty to begin thinking about today.
- Customer impact — explores how some firms plan to use customer-centric models and a multi-channel approach to better interpret customer data, improve the customer experience, and drive growth.
- Eurozone sovereign debt crisis — discusses how the Eurozone crisis is driving companies to rethink their approach to business, starting with their global footprints and how they set strategies and position operations to compete. The depth and breadth of this impact is challenging many companies, but it is also bringing opportunity to those prepared to act.
- Investing in Africa — discusses how investors need to think long-term, and sign on as participating partners in Africa's growth and development.
- CEO agenda 2012 * — explores 8 critical questions that help to frame the challenges and opportunities facing CEOs -- about strategy, talent, innovation, risk and other pressing issues.
- Asia Pac — explores how the growth in the Asia Pacific economies is changing how multinational companies are investing in the region, and how the economies themselves are becoming more interconnected
- Healthcare — With 76% of the Fortune 50 now in the health industry, or with a health division, this 10Minutes discusses opportunities for innovation, differentiation, and profits.
- China — explores the opportunities and challenges associated with doing deals, both inbound and outbound, with China.
- CEO Agenda 2011 — explores the eight pressing questions facing CEOs today, hear about the challenges directly from business leaders around the world.
- Eco-efficiency — discusses how it can help with two company priorities: cutting costs and reducing environmental impacts.
- Environmental and social risk — explores the changing environmental and social issues that are posing greater commercial risks and how companies can take a more forward-looking risk approach.
- Managing water scarcity — explores business strategies providing examples from leading companies that show how proactive water management can uncover new water-related opportunities. These companies prepare for the consequences of water scarcity by monitoring and reporting water use, evaluating risk across the supply chain, and partnering with local communities to replenish water supply.
- Talent priorities — discusses how company leaders are focusing on how talent can help them achieve the following four strategic priorities: power growth, realize ROI, manage risk, and enable transformation.
- Updating flexibility strategies — explores how companies can fundamentally change the way work gets done - adjusting the organization and delivery of work, how the organization collaborates and communicates, and ultimately, the degree to which employees are engaged.
- Global talent mobility — discusses how businesses are adopting new approaches to better manage talent mobility as competition intensifies for skills across various job functions.